QVC Customer Care

Re: Aldi's Markets -- What's your opinion?

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@apple1964@OK, OK you don't like it. Most on this thread do. Are you the authority on groceries and everyone else is wrong $

And I truly hope I'm never too lazy to put things in a bag. Insulting to say others are poor, I am not, just thrifty, and I am proud of that.

I'm right there with you about being thrifty, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Being thrifty gives me more money to spend on more, should I choose to do so.

More power to you... getting bored with this already! I have better things to do then argue with you people. And thank the Lord I do not have to shop for food in places like these.Woman LOL 

If we're so beneath you, then why are you still on this thread?

Esteemed Contributor

1. They came to my city in So.Cal  last summer. Since they had a coupon for $5 if I spent 25 I went with my son and we put our cost together. It was a small store. I didn't expect to see other things besides food. They are at the other side of town so lit is impractical. Also Walmart is across the street so I don't know if it would last there.
Occasional Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

This store works out well for people who can not afford a super market and wants to bag there own groceries. I will stick to my high end supermarkets and specialty shops.Heart

I bought food from our local Aldi's yesterday. Produce is amazing! Oh and it should be "to bag their own groceries not "there"

Super Contributor

Aldi is in the process of total remodeling the stores in my area. One was closed for a couple of months and reopened a couple of weeks ago. It's really nice! Can't wait till they redo the one closer to me!

Love Aldi! Haven't read this whole thread, but GEESH ... glad I'm not too "uppity" to bag my own groceries! Cat LOL

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Trusted Contributor

@Tabbycat wrote:

Aldi is in the process of total remodeling the stores in my area. One was closed for a couple of months and reopened a couple of weeks ago. It's really nice! Can't wait till they redo the one closer to me!

Love Aldi! Haven't read this whole thread, but GEESH ... glad I'm not too "uppity" to bag my own groceries! Cat LOL

The Aldi that I go to most often went through a remodel also, it's really nice now. I hadn't shopped there in a long time because I buy mostly organic produce & they never had any. I was at my local library one day & decided to stop in Aldi's to check it out because a friend of mine had been telling me how nice the Aldi that she goes to is.

I don't really buy snack foods (chips, cookies etc) so I made a beeline for the produce. I was delighted to find how much the produce section had changed & how many organic choices were now available. Now, I go to Aldi's in between my  Costco trips to buy my produce. Costco is for my big grocery shopping, then Aldi's, then what I can't find at Aldi's, I get at Mariano's.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

This store works out well for people who can not afford a super market and wants to bag there own groceries. I will stick to my high end supermarkets and specialty shops.Heart

That's obnoxious...

Ya think?  I can afford to shop wherever I please..........I choose to spend wisely on food, as do most people.

Respected Contributor

If anyone likes Girl Scout cookies ($5/box 9 oz) try Aldi's version. My DH is a thin mint snob, and the Aldi brand passed his test! $1.39 10 oz. My Aldi had a few other flavors too. I freeze them. 

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I shopped at Aldi years and years ago. I remember I found some face cream there that I heard about. I surely didn't like the looks of how their food was displayed. I would just laugh when the boxed items were "so cheap". Umm yea because the size of the boxes were greatly reduced! An Aldi store opened up where I live now and it was a big deal. My dh always wanted to go and check it out but I told him what kind of store it is and we've still never visited. Not a fan.

No, you told them what you thought it was from years ago.  I was there today, and the package sizes are in line with the big brands, and the prices are amazing.  From organic produce to cheap K cups to the best blue cheese, they're great.  Others love the wine selection.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

If anyone likes Girl Scout cookies ($5/box 9 oz) try Aldi's version. My DH is a thin mint snob, and the Aldi brand passed his test! $1.39 10 oz. My Aldi had a few other flavors too. I freeze them. 

Yikes!  $5 is a lot for a rather small box of cookies. I'll have to head back to Aldi's to check their cookie lineup.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.