Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 sidsmom said:

I would use a food grade product over a product like Astroglide that has many chemicals. Chemicals are never a good idea.

If they don't wear gloves when they make the product or if there are cockroaches in the factory, I would not.

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Ilikeshade said:

I would use a food grade product over a product like Astroglide that has many chemicals. Chemicals are never a good idea.

If they don't wear gloves when they make the product or if there are cockroaches in the factory, I would not.

So all coconut should not be used for dietary purposes?

Respected Contributor

I guess if one wanted to grow a coconut tree in their backyard they would be guaranteed of its purity. Good luck with that.

Esteemed Contributor

This simply isn't true. There are natural products more dangerous that chemicals. Everything is a chemical so to use that word is deceptive at best.

I would definitely not use coconut oil on my vag. The FDA has no control over the standards where these places are processed or manufactured. Not that the FDA is the be all end all but they do offer protections and there have been many deaths and chronic illnesses from natural or holistic products because they don't have to abide by the same standards.

KY is a water soluble lubricant which is what should be used especially if you are using condoms because oil based products can break down latex very easily.

I personally don't mind using oils as part of my skin care regime though coconut oil is pretty high on the comediogenic scale some people do love it and have no problem with it. However, it doesn't offer peptides, cell communicating ingredients and a ton of antioxidants like a good moisturizer will. It is like saying, I love carrots they are healthy and I am only going to eat them. YOur skin needs a well balanced moisturizer and no oil offers that solely.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

No one said that. Our intestinal systems do a lot to protect us with our stomach acids and good gut flora. Putting it up your vag is a whole nother ball of wax.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

THere is also a difference in some cases as coconut oil meant for food additive and coconut meant for beauty. Beauty can have less of a standard.

JFK
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

No one said that. Our intestinal systems do a lot to protect us with our stomach acids and good gut flora. Putting it up your vag is a whole nother ball of wax.

I wouldn't use coconut oil internally either way. If I'm not inserting for a very short time, I'm sure as heck not ingesting it where it can stay in my system for days....ingesting it is far worse than inserting it.

Greater than zero chance someone will die from a lifetime of eating coconut oil than...having fun with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Putting it up your vag is a whole nother ball of wax.

This has to be one of the funniest quotes I've read on this board hahahahahaha

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't use coconut oil internally either way. If I'm not inserting for a very short time, I'm sure as heck not ingesting it where it can stay in my system for days....ingesting it is far worse than inserting it.

Greater than zero chance someone will die from a lifetime of eating coconut oil than...having fun with it.

I do agree with that but I wouldn't want a raging infection down there either and that is a complete possibility if it wasn't manufactured in a sterile environment.

JFK
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/27/2015 sunala said:

Putting it up your vag is a whole nother ball of wax.

This has to be one of the funniest quotes I've read on this board hahahahahaha

LOL! I tried!

JFK