Respected Contributor

sidsmom.....coconut oil is supposed to be antibacterial; wouldn't that kill off the good bacteria that's supposed to be there? And wouldn't that reinforce the dryness problem?? Just thinking out loud.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Ilikeshade said:

sidsmom.....coconut oil is supposed to be antibacterial; wouldn't that kill off the good bacteria that's supposed to be there? And wouldn't that reinforce the dryness problem?? Just thinking out loud.

lol! Yep! You would need a good anti fungal (Diflucan) after the anti bacterial.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor
Lol, some funny comments here Smiley Happy I think most of the women are using it around the outside area not inserting it deep. I always heard you shouldn't use/ insert anything down below that you wouldn't put in your mouth, so coconut oil should be safe.
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Ilikeshade said:

Funny...how much are you suggesting? Gracious....if it's an "anti-bacterial issue", I would assume a large quantity is used! If it's an oil, a thumbnail size, at the very most, would be used. Not much of natural or artifical should be used...natural lubrication will occur in time. Honestly, more frequently you stimulate the area, with or without a partner, greater chance natural lubrication will occur...with no need for natural or artificial lubricants.

Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Lynneuk said: Lol, some funny comments here Smiley Happy I think most of the women are using it around the outside area not inserting it deep. I always heard you shouldn't use/ insert anything down below that you wouldn't put in your mouth, so coconut oil should be safe.
Boy I wish I could bold a certain part of your last sentence...might be my second poof!
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Lynneuk said: Lol, some funny comments here Smiley Happy I think most of the women are using it around the outside area not inserting it deep. I always heard you shouldn't use/ insert anything down below that you wouldn't put in your mouth, so coconut oil should be safe.

Some women put yogurt in there and I doubt that is recommended by health care professionals either.

Respected Contributor
And I wouldn't eat Monistat; it goes both ways lol
Trusted Contributor
On 1/27/2015 sidsmom said:

I would use a food grade product over a product like Astroglide that has many chemicals. Chemicals are never a good idea.

If it exists, it's a chemical, and natural doesn't mean better. BTW, the generation that was exposed to all those chemicals was the first to see a big leap in life expectancy.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 VanSleepy said:
Boy I wish I could bold a certain part of your last sentence...might be my second poof!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Propylene glycol is one of the chemicals use in the aforementioned 'Astroglide'. Any of the "glycols" are used for anti-freeze. Ethylene glycol, propylene's uglier brother (!), is used for de-icing airplanes!

"Propylene glycol is frequently used as a substitute for ethylene glycol in low toxicity, environmentally friendly automotive antifreeze." I read on to see Propylene glycol is FDA approved to be used in processed foods & baking goods. But we all know FDA isn't the safest, at times.

FDA approved or not, I don't want anything close to anti-freeze in my thang!!

Vitamin E capsules, Aloe Vera gel, coconut oil....are all much, much better alternatives to any chemcial out there. Closer you are to the original food source, the better.