Honored Contributor

I choose not to watch Alberti so I didn't have the pleasure of watching him stuff his face!

However, I will say other posters have said the same about other hosts who do the gourmet shows. They all have to taste everything so they can tell us how good every single item is, not a bad item in the bunch!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I would love to host the food shows....but I would be guilty of eating too much as well....seriously.....I would gain 10 pounds in the two hours!!!!

Although, I don’t purchase the food items....a little spendy for my wallet and I love to cook, so I do get ideas from the Gourmet Food shows.

ETA....I’m still picturing the moldy cakes from one of Jimmy The Baker presentations....not sure I could order from him after that.

Really????  The cakes they were selling during the presentation were moldy and they actually worked that into their presentation?  Did they tell viewers, these are moldy.....but your's will be fresh and edible?  

They reminded everyone that penicillin comes from mold so how bad can it be, after all.  Smiley Happy

Just kidding.  They quickly moved the camera away from the muffin mold and didn't even mention it.

Trusted Contributor
I do not knowis why he has to gush over this food. He was almost shouting about some of the stuff. Too over the top for me. I wish Rachel would quit using super in front of everything she says. Super cute, super delicious....we get it already! Super, super, super!!!!!!!
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Oh good grief.

@Cakers3.  Ditto!

Double ditto!

Respected Contributor

I used to like him but can no longer watch his shows. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti Gourmet holiday

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I would love to host the food shows....but I would be guilty of eating too much as well....seriously.....I would gain 10 pounds in the two hours!!!!

Although, I don’t purchase the food items....a little spendy for my wallet and I love to cook, so I do get ideas from the Gourmet Food shows.

ETA....I’m still picturing the moldy cakes from one of Jimmy The Baker presentations....not sure I could order from him after that.

Oh Wow I never saw that presentation !   That would make m sick 🙀. I do,love Jimmynthe bakers meltaways .....now I wonder😏

@Kitty Galore  - There's no need to wonder.  Any food that sits under those hot studio lights for any length of time can develop mold very quickly, especially if it contains fruit or jelly.  A naturally moist product will mold faster than a dry one.

The episdoe in question happened when they cut apart a cake that had been sitting to the side.  Who knows how long it had been there in between other sections of the gourmet show?

I've ordered a lot of things from Jimmy the Baker and have never had a single one arrive with any mold on it.  But in real life - mold happens in the best and cleanest of households!

(ETA:  And it was one cake and a very small bit of mold.  My goodness, some people are so squeamish and delicate.)

Respected Contributor

This is my arm chair quarterbacking...I never just stare at people while they eat when I share meals with people. I’m busy making sure I don’t make a mess...lol. It’s different when you watch TV, as then your attention is fully on the person eating. I’ve noticed that the cooking shows on Food Network rarely show judges actually eating for more than a quick bite, if at all. It’s because watching people chew and swallow is not really appealing. On the Food Fest, the camera focuses on the host taking a bite, chewing, swallowing, and then overacting with gasps, eye rolling and yumyum faces. It’s weird.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty GaloreNot to worry -  if you love the product, you didn't get product with mold in it.  You'd have tasted that immediately.

I also didn't see that show, but somewhere that particular cake was stored improperly -  and we'll never know when or where.  

I seen lots of those cakes cut open and they looked just fine.  Just have never ordered any.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

Oh Wow I never saw that presentation !   That would make m sick 🙀. I do,love Jimmynthe bakers meltaways .....now I wonder😏

@Kitty Galore  - There's no need to wonder.  Any food that sits under those hot studio lights for any length of time can develop mold very quickly, especially if it contains fruit or jelly.  A naturally moist product will mold faster than a dry one.

The episdoe in question happened when they cut apart a cake that had been sitting to the side.  Who knows how long it had been there in between other sections of the gourmet show?

I've ordered a lot of things from Jimmy the Baker and have never had a single one arrive with any mold on it.  But in real life - mold happens in the best and cleanest of households!

(ETA:  And it was one cake and a very small bit of mold.  My goodness, some people are so squeamish and delicate.)

@Venezia   good Point !   I too have ordered those melt away cookies many times and they were perfect and delicious!   It was just surprising to hear the camera showed the mold .

Respected Contributor

Re: Alberti Gourmet holiday

[ Edited ]

@Jinlei wrote:
I do not knowis why he has to gush over this food. He was almost shouting about some of the stuff. Too over the top for me. I wish Rachel would quit using super in front of everything she says. Super cute, super delicious....we get it already! Super, super, super!!!!!!!

AP and RB together in a food show....that truly is a train wreck! I deliberately did not watch because of AP, cannot stand his demeanor/behavior, not a fan!  Dislike RB with her hands all over, like a child who has to touch everything!