Honored Contributor

Re: Alaska: 7.0 Quake (11/30-AM)

https://pinnaclerecoveryut.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/stay-safe.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alaska: 7.0 Quake/Tsunami Warning

[ Edited ]

My brother in law in Anchorage sent my husband some photos.  Their grandfather clock fell over, china pieces fell out of their china cabinet, there was glass on the kitchen floor (not sure if from the window or glassware), baskets and other stuff all over.  They of course had after shocks as well.

My brother in law broke his arm about a week ago slipping on ice and had surgery on Monday, putting in plates or screws or something.  So they have had a rough week.

My sister in law will be quite upset over some of the broken items, I am sure.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Everyone needs to be careful living in the area because of after shocks and they can be near 6.0.  I lived through the 7.1 in San Francisco and it is extremely scary.  There are roadways in AK that are damaged so that is very dangerous.  The after shocks will last a couple days and lessen.  The hardest part is no electricity, no hot water.  You have to travel outside the area to eat.  Our thoughts are with you, Anchorage.  Please stay safe.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Thoughts and prayers for victims of the earthquake and perhaps tsunami.

Denise
Honored Contributor

wasn't the quake back in 64 (maybe 65) a 7.0 or was that one larger an 8.0.  

I remember that quake and all the devastation. it happened the weekend that my high school won the basketball state tournament. rocky blier was on that team so that dampened the celebration for the team.

Respected Contributor

I live in Anchorage about 5 miles from epicenter. I’m fine but son’s business had shattered plate glass windows.

Local news is KTUU.com, KTVA.com or ADN.com

Trusted Contributor

🙏 Sending up prayers for our Alaskan neighbors. 🙏

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I live in Anchorage about 5 miles from epicenter. I’m fine but son’s business had shattered plate glass windows.

@traveler

Wow.

What did it feel like?

DId you have any damage?

Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

@traveler  You've been in my thoughts all day.  I'm sorry about the damage to your son's business, but relieved to know that your all okay.  Heart

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

@traveler

Thank goodness you posted.  You have been in my thoughts all day.

Best wishes to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras