Respected Contributor

Re: Airlines to Stop Serving Alcohol in Coach

@chessylady wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 There may be classism involved if flight attendants treat first class passengers with more respect than coach passengers. That would give them inherent privilege due to their income rather than their humanity. 

Not buying that for a minute. There's absolutely no way FA's would be privvy to the income or net worth of any passenger, regardless of the class of service that they purchased. That's making presumptions that have no basis in fact. 

Now, passengers in premium cabins do tend to receive more attentive service because 1)that's part of what you pay for and 2) the staff to passenger ratio is much lower and there's more time to provide more personalized service. But again, to presume to know one's wealth level merely based on where they're seated on the airplane is folly. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Nobody actually needs alcohol. Nobody. It is unhealthy. I support banning it from flights for everybody. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. At any age that a parent passes, it is a huge loss and Is sad. You sound like a great daughter to her. my warmest thoughts are with your one of your forum friends.

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 I don't think that flight attendants have access to patient income levels. They may be consciously or subconsciously offering more respect along with a certain amount of fear when interacting with first class passengers. If they get out of line there may be more repercussions. I believe that persons flying first class have a much higher income than those in coach. There are day to day choices that middleclass families make. The extravagance of flying first class is usually not a choice they feel they can afford.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Kachina624  I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. At any age that a parent passes, it is a huge loss and Is sad. You sound like a great daughter to her. my warmest thoughts are with your one of your forum friends.

@Goldengate8361   These threads can get very convoluted with quoted thread upon thread, however it was haddon9's mom who passed away, not mine.  I lost mine years ago.  8 can understand the confusion. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 oops! Thanks! I did read it quickly! Thank you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 I don't think that flight attendants have access to patient income levels. They may be consciously or subconsciously offering more respect along with a certain amount of fear when interacting with first class passengers. If they get out of line there may be more repercussions. I believe that persons flying first class have a much higher income than those in coach. There are day to day choices that middleclass families make. The extravagance of flying first class is usually not a choice they feel they can afford.

Again, you're making assumptions based on personal feelings, rather than facts. As a 2 million miler and current platinum medallion on Delta, I can tell you for a fact that the vast majority of people in domestic first are there on frequent flyer upgrades. They're road warriors. They're on airplanes every week. I was one of them for many years. They are important to the airline, not because of their personal income or wealth, but because of the amount of money that their employer spends flying them around for work. When they fly for leisure, they may or may not be up front - it all depends on whether or not their upgrade clears. And sometimes, they get lucky and can score mileage tickets up front for their families. 

I've said all I'm going to say on this subject. I'm tired of beating my head against the wall. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Gee, I thought a glass of wine or one drink would relax passengers.  

I'd say maybe a one drink limit?

Well, as someone said, passengers can drink before they board a flight.  

I really don't know the answer.  Not packing an airplane might help, though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

I am all for eliminating booze on all flights.  Get your drinks before or after the flight.

Things can happen on planes.  You may need to help.  Stay straight and stay safe.