Trusted Contributor

Re: Airlines to Stop Serving Alcohol in Coach

@just bee wrote:

Aren't there bars in airports?

@just beeA bar brawl in a metal tube at 32 thousand feet is far more dangerous than one on the ground where people can flee and the authorities can step in. 

Honored Contributor

Of course, Southwest Airlines is serving no alcohol because they have only one class, no First Class.  From the reports I've read, most disruptive incidents are alcohol-fueled. People lose their inhibitions when under the influence. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

No problem with that but the bigger issue is that those who turn into idiots after drinking probably get sloshed at the airport bars BEFORE boarding their flight!

Honored Contributor

I sit in first class and I am amazed at the amount of alcohol people drink, even on early morning flights.

One flight, the attendant just left the entire bottle of wine with the guy next to me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I sit in first class and I am amazed at the amount of alcohol people drink, even on early morning flights.

One flight, the attendant just left the entire bottle of wine with the guy next to me.

I had a guy sitting next to me that pounded 3 vodka rocks before the boarding door even closed. And then he sang (badly) for the entire flight. Fortunately it was only 20 minutes in the air, but I couldn't believe they served him that many.

On the other hand, I had a flight attendant give me two full bottles of champagne just prior to landing at LHR. They hadn't been opened and she said they couldn't take them back to the US. I wasn't going to put up a fuss! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

There was no alcohol on my flights in March, and one of them each way was a 4 hour flight.  

BTW, I don't know if alcohol is excluded from carry-ons by TSA, but only the mini's would work due to the liquids rule.  They would need to stop by the bar on the way to their flight if not allowed by TSA. I carry a small empty water bottle and fill with water after TSA to have just in case.

Esteemed Contributor

Good grief...just what we need are more bans! I wonder what percentage of alcohol sales on an airline are related to incidents of violence.....probably a pretty low percentage. Just saying.

Honored Contributor

What I would like to know is where are the "Air Marshals?"

Pre-COVID, they flew on planes incognito.  You just didn't know which airlines and/or flights.

All these masks incidents on planes & I have not heard of any instances that an "air marshal" was involved.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I salute this, and belive it should be permanent on all airlines and not temporary. However both first class and business classes should not have it either.  Not sure if coach is considered business, but what is good for one in this case is good for ALL not just your $$$ ticket.  If you "need" a drink to "take the edge off" hit the airport bars and sleep on the plane.

Respected Contributor

I'm flying out five days from now. The airline has recently  loosened up a bit on serving alcohol. The first leg of my flight is over two hours but a bottle of water, a cup of black coffee or a coke will be fine for me.