Respected Contributor

Re: Airlines to Stop Serving Alcohol in Coach

I didn't realize booze was involved in these airline altercations, I thought it was just the way entitled "human beings" act nowadays. 

Any job that deals with the public is a tough one.  Remember the days when flying was an event and people wore their very best clothing and were on their best behavior?  Oh how far we have fallen!!  Woman Surprised

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Regular Contributor

YES punish people for the actions of a few, face it that's life, it's the way it's always been and always will be.

It's up to society as a WHOLE to hold people responsible, if you are going to act

like unruly children, you will be treated like unruly children.

I wish society would all grow up and act like human beings, I applaud the airline industry and they should keep prosecuting offenders. I wish everyone would think we only have one life to live on this planet please act like a human being and be kind and stop thinking of only yourself, life is really too short.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it will help.  As others have posted, people can always drink up in the terminal before they board.   Someone who wants to make trouble would probably do it anyway.  I am one of those who get anxious from flying.  Depending on the time of day, a drink or two always helps.  

Honored Contributor

Good reasons to fly first class.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessyladyFirst class passengers are much better behaved than coach passengers. 

I can't cite any studies but I was a flight attendant.  I wouldn't care to be a flight attendant these days.  Everyone thinks it's all about THEM.

Esteemed Contributor

Is that all airlines or just the one where the flight attendant got hit? 

The airlines could certainly do without the alcohol cart on flights. However, I have seen many people at the bars drinking before they get on a plane.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee Yes, there are. And plenty of people are already plastered before they ever even get on the plane! I should know, I have sat next to them plenty of times!

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me either way if they serve alcohol or not.   I don't mind a wine during a flight just to relax the best I can.  I agree with others that said we all have to suffer because of the actions of a few.  It is true and I really think if the airlines made an effort at all to keep their customers more comfortable people may not get so unruly........and the masks, IMO, by now should be optional.    Give us some leg room for pete's sake!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

What I would like to know is where are the "Air Marshals?"

Pre-COVID, they flew on planes incognito.  You just didn't know which airlines and/or flights.

All these masks incidents on planes & I have not heard of any instances that an "air marshal" was involved.

Less than 1% of flights across the US have an air marshall on them.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The average flight is 2 hours or there about.  You're in sad shape if you can't go 2 hours without a drink. 

There are as many idiots in First Class as there are in Coach.  Ban all alcohol service!

People might not be so stressed in Coach if they weren't crammed in thigh to thigh like sardines. 

@Kachina624   I agree!  I find the whole flying experience to be extremely stressful and sitting crammed into a seat like a sardine makes me grumpy though I never order any drinks.

I'm currently in Florida since I had to go because of my mom.  This time I flew first class....big difference....we were treated like humans, not cattle but you have to pay for it.  Since I was already stressed I felt like treating myself a bit.