Honored Contributor

Caravaggio,

I, too, just wanted to say that I am glad that you were able to get you and your daughter out of that horrific situation. 

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

What would you do if you were a network news anchor/star reporter? Would you just let it go because your career comes first? That's what these women did. 

Not me. I would report it as soon as it happened. By not doing so, you are letting your fellow women reporters get put in uneasy positions. And you're letting a man get away with horrible acts. It's not worth it. 

So now we have some saying he did; some saying he didn't. 

Megyn Kelly seems to me like a person who will do anything to get ahead. Shame on her for not speaking out about this sooner. And Gretchen threw every other successful female anchor there under the bus. By saying SHE didn't give in to him to get ahead, she is insinuating others did. I think there were other reasons she was fired, and she wanted to get back at him. Shame on her for praising him in her book and thanking him for the opportunities he gave her. She could have just left that out. 

I don't find either one of them credible, simply because they didn't speak out about it sooner. This is a lot different from a situation in which someone is abused every day and her work situation is intolerable. 

So he "resigns" - and Gretchen will be able to say she's the one who brought down Fox News. 

She'll land on her feet; he won't. Don't know what will happen to Steve Doocy. 

@beach-mom

Historically, women who report harassment get fired AND they often get banned in the business. 

Most DO NOT report because for so long it was the price women paid to get ahead.  Remember what Barbara Walters said?  She had to sleep her way to the top.

Don't blame women, blame the system because that is often also the case with rape.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Bill Cosby and now Roger Ailes.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

@MyGirlsMom

There are a lot of women who just don't like other women, especially if they have been successful.

Do you think it's that old "women should stay in their place" mentality?

Or just plain old fashioned envy?

@QueenDanceALot

Both. 

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Any hope of shutting down fox news?

I hope not because then there would be nothing to trash on the threads except the hosts and LR I guess..

Given the number of supportive posts on this thread, it looks like quite a few posters on this BB are loyal Fox News viewers.  

Not really, for me....but I got my law degree later in life.  I was a nurse originally and thought in a different way....I like all the facts before I render an opinion now but much like making a diagnosis too.  I am looking at the legal case, I handled harassment cases/HW so it is of interest to me.  I have seen men and women lodge complaints and some had merit and some did not.  It is interesting to me and a bit disconcerting that any savvy woman does not know and use venues available to her.  So, for me that plants a seed of doubt....she is disgruntled, that's significant.  I don't know Mr Ailes and I have no connection to Fox but do watch it for certain programs.  Quite Frankly, I watch the Korean news station here in NJ.  It is in English, direct and unbiased.  

Honored Contributor

{{{{{{{ @ }}}}}}}}}

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's astonishing to me how many women go to such lengths to support a man who has been accused of such conduct.

Bill Cosby and now Roger Ailes.

Each victim has their own reason(s) for not reporting the behavior and we (as women) shouldn't demonize them.   Some women have been subjected to this type of behavior for a long while and accept it as, "men, as usual."  It's not okay.

In all cases, tell someone, file charges, let an arrest be made and go to court.

@MyGirlsMom

There are a lot of women who just don't like other women, especially if they have been successful.

@Noel7- I don't believe that.  I admire them but it also depends on your definition of "successful".  I used successful women in business as my mentors.  But, women who are excellent at whatever they chose in life are successful to me.  Some very so called "successful women" are dreadful selfish/self centered human beings.  

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom

I haven't found your original post regarding the harassment of you and your family but I have been able to put together the pieces.

You know I consider you a friend and I am so very sorry you, your daughter and mother had to go through that.  Thank God you are all ok.

Heart

Noel

Thank you Noel you know I appreciate your kind words. It was 15 years ago and I just recently felt I could actually talk about it. Ironically it was to a male co-worker who is an ex military going through a divorce with issues. He opened up to me and is a good guy so I explained what happened to me . Amazing what you can tell a stranger when you think you will never speak about it .

I consider you a friend as well!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Any hope of shutting down fox news?

I hope not because then there would be nothing to trash on the threads except the hosts and LR I guess..

Given the number of supportive posts on this thread, it looks like quite a few posters on this BB are loyal Fox News viewers.  

Not really, for me....but I got my law degree later in life.  I was a nurse originally and thought in a different way....I like all the facts before I render an opinion now but much like making a diagnosis too.  I am looking at the legal case, I handled harassment cases/HW so it is of interest to me.  I have seen men and women lodge complaints and some had merit and some did not.  It is interesting to me and a bit disconcerting that any savvy woman does not know and use venues available to her.  So, for me that plants a seed of doubt....she is disgruntled, that's significant.  I don't know Mr Ailes and I have no connection to Fox but do watch it for certain programs.  Quite Frankly, I watch the Korean news station here in NJ.  It is in English, direct and unbiased.  

Stray, what's missing in your equation is the psychology of fear and the Battered Wife syndrome.

THAT is what hampers women from leaving.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Caravaggio- I also read your story here and I just wanted to say that I am glad you came out the other side in one piece and, hopefully, you are doing well and thriving.

Being controlled, whether it is by the person or the system that supports the person controlling you can certainly feel like you are never going to get out.  I'm happy for you and your daughter that you got out!

Heart

Thanks chickenbutt for your kind words as well. I am happy to say we are all in a better place and have moved on with our lives.

Honored Contributor

IMHO Fox News won't be going anywhere whether Ailes is out or not.  It's a huge business and extremely successful and popular.  They'll continue whatever formula is in place that made them #1 and we'll see a new head assigned.

Megyn Kelly had been vying for her own show, in a prime time slot for a long time.  I imagine that rocking the boat in any way was not in her plans, and that could be a partial explanation as to why she never said anything.  She's a lawyer, it wouldn't have been beyond her ability to make a case at the time, but she didn't.  I don't have feelings one way or the other about it, she probably felt as long as her career path was moving forward she'd work around it, many women do.

As far as Gretchen Carlson is concerned, I believe her (but was surprised).  It'll be interesting watching all this go forward.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*