Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

He may be out but not relative to the allegations because he hasn't been to court as yet.  

Under the Anti Sexual harassment regulations, a company is required to take action if an internal investigation reveals harassment did take place. Action can include termination.  A court of law finding is not needed.

In fact, the company can be severely punished and become completely liable if they fail to take action. 

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

Oh the irony. 

Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Steve Doocy is named in Gretchen's lawsuit as well, but no one saying much about him.

I have to say that I never really liked Steve Doocy and don't think he is that good.  With Fox hiring his son just out of college, that seemed a bit odd, though I think Peter does very well.

I have watched Fox News for years.  Frankly for me, just the fact that the always young, thin and pretty women wear short, sleeveless dresses year round, NEVER pants, is enough for me to think a sexist man is at the helm.

Women in broadcasting wear this attire daily now - not JUST on FOX.  I see women on GMA,  etc wearing the same thing - no big deal. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, most of them do it and it is a big deal.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Ailes Out at Fox?

[ Edited ]

N/M
Esteemed Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

He may be out but not relative to the allegations because he hasn't been to court as yet.  

Under the Anti Sexual harassment regulations, a company is required to take action if an internal investigation reveals harassment did take place. Action can include termination.  A court of law finding is not needed.

In fact, the company can be severely punished and become completely liable if they fail to take action. 

@mstyrion 1- you are correct.  I've done such investigations in my former Company before retirement.  Fox has been conducting internal investigations which are far better than external because they are confidential and done by neutral people familiar to those being questioned and they are more apt to confide in them rather than have their names in the news .  The internal investigation is NOT complete as yet.  Yes, if they find impropriety he will be terminated as he should be.  If their internal investigation is inconclusive, then, they will have to await a court/mediator decision.  I have found that in the course of these investigations with people at a high level, a financial settlement may be offered in turn for a resignation.  The longer this goes on, the longer Fox's name is in the news and blemished being labeled as a "sexist" or hostile workplace.  Ailes may not have the intestinal fortitude to go through a very public trial if the court decides that this will be a trial or not.  They can't even decide which state will handle the whole mess.  So the whole thing may be very lengthy.  Ailes may care about the network itself or just self preservation and he is in his 70s.  The Murdochs care about the network only not Carlson nor Ailes; it's business and preservation of the organization.  

However, Ailes can not be terminated based on allegations only unless he agrees to leave with a settlement.  Our justice system is based on the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty even in the most heinous of crimes.  To this date, to my knowledge, he has not been proven guilty only in the court of public opinion.  I am not supporting Ailes, but awaiting the facts before judgement. 

Esteemed Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Steve Doocy is named in Gretchen's lawsuit as well, but no one saying much about him.

I have to say that I never really liked Steve Doocy and don't think he is that good.  With Fox hiring his son just out of college, that seemed a bit odd, though I think Peter does very well.

I have watched Fox News for years.  Frankly for me, just the fact that the always young, thin and pretty women wear short, sleeveless dresses year round, NEVER pants, is enough for me to think a sexist man is at the helm.

Women in broadcasting wear this attire daily now - not JUST on FOX.  I see women on GMA,  etc wearing the same thing - no big deal. 

@physicsnut- true and the women at Fox chose to dress this way and can not be forced to do so.  Steve Doocy was not named in "se**ual context but hostile workplace as he had a "dismissive" attitude and didn't value her or something to that effect.  There was no claim of impropriety or sexist remarks..

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Yes, most of them do it and it is a big deal.  

@Noel7- I hope you didn't mean that most executives behave this way or are accused?? That just isn't true....large companies have very explicit policies for reporting such behavior and men and women have more protection today than ever.  Executives are very cautious and are well trained re what is proper and what isn't.   Maybe years ago the environment was hostile for women, in particular, but not today.  I lodged a complaint against my superior in the 90s....it's never easy because it's uncomfortable but I never felt that I wasn't given support.  When I left for retirement, I was a member of the team handling harrassment and hostile workplace and the charges against women were equal to men or maybe slightly higher.  More women hold top positions and with that comes the same power over people and a higher number of charges against them.  Women and men are equal opportunity offenders....and, let's not forget transgender people who are often victims in the workplace.  

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@physicsnut- true and the women at Fox chose to dress this way and can not be forced to do so.  Steve Doocy was not named in "se**ual context but hostile workplace as he had a "dismissive" attitude and didn't value her or something to that effect.  There was no claim of impropriety or sexist remarks..

Didn't Gretchen say women weren't allowed to wear pants?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@mstyrion 1- you are correct.  I've done such investigations in my former Company before retirement.  Fox has been conducting internal investigations which are far better than external because they are confidential and done by neutral people familiar to those being questioned and they are more apt to confide in them rather than have their names in the news .  The internal investigation is NOT complete as yet.  Yes, if they find impropriety he will be terminated as he should be.  If their internal investigation is inconclusive, then, they will have to await a court/mediator decision.  I have found that in the course of these investigations with people at a high level, a financial settlement may be offered in turn for a resignation.  The longer this goes on, the longer Fox's name is in the news and blemished being labeled as a "sexist" or hostile workplace.  Ailes may not have the intestinal fortitude to go through a very public trial if the court decides that this will be a trial or not.  They can't even decide which state will handle the whole mess.  So the whole thing may be very lengthy.  Ailes may care about the network itself or just self preservation and he is in his 70s.  The Murdochs care about the network only not Carlson nor Ailes; it's business and preservation of the organization.  

However, Ailes can not be terminated based on allegations only unless he agrees to leave with a settlement.  Our justice system is based on the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty even in the most heinous of crimes.  To this date, to my knowledge, he has not been proven guilty only in the court of public opinion.  I am not supporting Ailes, but awaiting the facts before judgement. 

I agree with pretty much everything except your last paragraph. 

Employers do not need a court of law to terminate an employee. Imagine the court system if this were the case?  They only need an internal investigation and if the investigation reveals wrong-doing, such as sexual harassment, the employee not only is terminated but MUST be terminated. 

~Enough is enough~