Respected Contributor

Ahhhhhhh I have such a headache now!

Hubby sort of "mentioned" that it would be "nice" if we could sell our condo and buy a larger one in the same complex.  Our condo is one of the smaller two bedroom units and we have one of the smaller balconies but it works for me.  It is just the two of us.  I thought he was just daydreaming.  Well, it appears now.  Because he's talked to condo manager and pretty much has all process all worked out.  Apparently they have a waiting list of people who want to buy a unit in our place and they have on the market or will be soon.  I wouldn't mind having a bigger unit, I just don't think I want to go through the hassle of packing and moving.  Even though he says he'll do everything.  I won't have to do anything except pick out colors for the carpet and appliances in the new unit.  Some of the bigger units do have real kitchens with real windows and that would be nice.  But moving...ahhhh.   He says it's up to me.  But he seems to really, really want this and I don't have the heart to say no.  He never asks for much.  And I don't actually have a real reason to say no....other than I like our condo and I don't really want to pack up and move.  So...now I'm through venting. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ahhhhhhh I have such a headache now!

As long as you like the new condo's location, I say yes!  Just go out to Home Depot (etc.) and buy plenty of cardboard boxes and a roll of moving paper, padding (or whatever) to prevent breakage.  Ahead of time, label each box with a marking pen.  Make sure that DH does all of the work and all of the moving.  You might want to pack certain delicate items yourself, though.  Lots of good luck in your new condo!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

If the condo is in the same complex, it shouldn't be that difficult to move.  I'd go for itCat Happy

Honored Contributor

p.s.  Could be that the condo management has rolling moving carts that your DH could use.  And/or a handyman (at a nominal fee).  Make sure that you just 'sit back' and let DH do all of the work.  Sometimes spouses with a great idea genuinely want to do all of the work.  Makes them feel as though they're accomplishing something!  Builds character.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Have you looked at the new condo yet?if not maybe that would be the deciding point ..you might really want to move in.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Famous last words "You won't have to do a thing." 

Pay someone to move you. 

Super Contributor

Lol!! Don't I know it!!Smiley Happy))...Chrystaltree, I'm sure you will love it after the whole hassle is over...it might be a really nice change for both of you...good luck whatever you decideSmiley Happy)
Respected Contributor

I say go for it!!! If your hubby doesn't ask for much and he's willing to do most of the work and it'll make him happy why not!  My hubby doesn't ask for much either so I would do it if it was me. Plus more space and a bigger kitchen sounds like a win win.

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

It's sounds as if you are sincerely wanting to make your husband happy. Nice!  This is your life, too, though.  Keep an open mind about a new place.  It sounds as if what he is interested in is in the same complex.  Take a look at some units and see if they are something you would feel comfortable living in.  A home....and moving are major life events.  Make sure it's right for you.  You could be living there for many years.  Maybe you will find something with a perfect kitchen and all the windows you would want.  Or, you may just know you won't be happy with anything you see.

If you do move, just go for a relaxing day at the spa while he does all the work (that he promised, except for maybe moving some items you would definitely not want broken).

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Just pack and carry the things you are really concerned about getting broken and hire movers. It will be worth EVERY penny!