Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ahhhhhhh I have such a headache now!

if you can afford it....have movers do the work....I have moved several times...always had movers....

Contributor

It is quite easy when moving in the same area.  Hire some people and bring over your clothes, dishes, flatware,  pot & pans, small appliances etc.  so that you are somewhat settled.  Hire  movers for furniture etc.  Have the boxes you had hubby (and maybe you) pack put in bedroom # 2 and unpack at your leisure. Or have the novers pack - I prefer packmig myself because I do a better job.

It is the long distance moves that are more difficult.

Have a great adventure.

Esteemed Contributor

I hear you about moving, I'd rather take a beating, but I'm betting once it's done, you'll be happy you did it.

Some guys go around saying "Happy wife, happy life". I think that goes both ways. wink.jpg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Heck, I'd go for it, especially if windows are in the mix and a third room would allow for hobby/guest/man cave space.  I firmly believe that some folks actually need a larger space in which to live: they feel more comfortable.  (I'm one of those people.)

At least you wouldn't be moving far.  In late August, we're moving lock, stock and barrel across town into our new place.  Not looking forward to that one iota.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Hubby sort of "mentioned" that it would be "nice" if we could sell our condo and buy a larger one in the same complex.  Our condo is one of the smaller two bedroom units and we have one of the smaller balconies but it works for me.  It is just the two of us.  I thought he was just daydreaming.  Well, it appears now.  Because he's talked to condo manager and pretty much has all process all worked out.  Apparently they have a waiting list of people who want to buy a unit in our place and they have on the market or will be soon.  I wouldn't mind having a bigger unit, I just don't think I want to go through the hassle of packing and moving.  Even though he says he'll do everything.  I won't have to do anything except pick out colors for the carpet and appliances in the new unit.  Some of the bigger units do have real kitchens with real windows and that would be nice.  But moving...ahhhh.   He says it's up to me.  But he seems to really, really want this and I don't have the heart to say no.  He never asks for much.  And I don't actually have a real reason to say no....other than I like our condo and I don't really want to pack up and move.  So...now I'm through venting. 

From the sound of it, you have a considerate, non-demanding husband.  It also sounds as if you don't have money or health issues that are holding you back.  You are being offered a larger, nicer condo.  All you have to do is pick out carpet, appliances, etc. and sit back and DH will do the moving. 

My advice (for what it's worth) would be to take an aspirin for the headache, give your husband a big hug and kiss and say yes.  THEN I would count my blessings.  Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!