Honored Contributor

I also enjoyed their shows. I have a bell and a basket that I purchased in my dining room.

Trusted Contributor

I too loved those shows.  Went to the factory once and bought a couple of pieces. Wish they would come back with shows like these.

Regular Contributor

What a great thread, @ProudMa!  I remember Fenton too.  I loved those shows and bought a few lovely pieces.  I spoke to Bill Fenton on the phone on one show too!  That was a thrill, what a true gentleman! 

Once, after that, Bill Fenton's son came to my small town for a visit to a local shop that sold his art glass.  My mom and I went and he signed the bottom of a beautiful cobalt blue vase that I had.  He used some sort of engraving tool that etched his name into the glass along with the date.  It was a great company that formed a personal connection with their customers.  Ahhh, the good old days.....Heart

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Esteemed Contributor

Might be wrong, but they seemed to often have video about how they were make.  Now that I loved.

Super Contributor

Re: Ahh rembering Fenton

[ Edited ]

Sadly, Fenton doesn't have the value it once had.  Look at "the bay" online auction site and most items that sell are under $50. Younger generations don't want collectibles. An item is only worth what someone else would pay.

My mother collected Hummels and paid a fortune for some that are now almost worthless.

But I still think Fenton items are so beautiful. I wonder if younger generations one day will go back to valuing things like that as well.

Respected Contributor

@busymom22  Your right Ebay does sell Fento really cheap. And the younger generation don't want collectibles. I loved watching their shows. I had purchased  several items and still enjoy them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@busymom22 wrote:

Sadly, Fenton doesn't have the value it once had.  Look at "the bay" online auction site and most items that sell are under $50. Younger generations don't want collectibles. An item is only worth what someone else would pay.

My mother collected Hummels and paid a fortune for some that are now almost worthless.

But I still think Fenton items are so beautiful. I wonder if younger generations one day will go back to valuing things like that as well.

@busymom22, I learned a lesson about any collecting: Buy it because you love it, not because you think you'll make money down the road.

In my collecting days, I purchased Fenton, along with other companies' products. We once collected Russian boxes. They are stunning and were very pricey. Well, then the Soviet Union collapsed into various countries, and that was the end. I still love them, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the shows with Steve and Bill Fenton sittin' and chatting....so unlike Q today. Have many pieces because I enjoyed their shows together so much. Ebay has lots of Fenton goodies when I want another piece. My fave...the Fairy Lights.

Respected Contributor

I collected the Fenton Eggs. I would getbexcited to see a new egg. I put them out at Easter along with a Fenton basket that was a TSV. I have a fairy light in cobalt blue with a vase that matches. I bought a cranberry vase and my favorite is the Labrador Retriever Dog.  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Might be wrong, but they seemed to often have video about how they were make.  Now that I loved.

@Still Raining found these on youtube...

Fenton Glass, 1905-2007 - part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Fenton Glass, 1905-2007 - part 2 of 2 - YouTube

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee