Honored Contributor

Ah Haa! I think I've got it! Ordering, Processing, Shipping!

Probably some of you have already figured this out, but I was thinking about why it takes so long to get something we ordered, particularly why it takes so long to even process the order and then ship!

Well, I ordered that Valerie Parhill outdoor flickering lantern finally after its initial sell out. I checked every so often and I thought it was curious why they showed it not available after sell out then every couple days they would show one color again available (2 colors at the most).I finally got my color.

I thought they are probably still trying to see how many they can

order before shipping.

Then I looked it up on that wise web of info. Why do orders take so long to process? Not just on QVC but anywhere.

And I found that many have a deal with the vendor/seller that it is cheaper if they order/ship in batches!

So while I may have ordered something a week or more ago, they will wait to process mine, until they get enough of that same color, size whatever to ship in a huge batch.

Win for the vendor and company, but the customer has to wait it out. So what we ordered sits in the Twilight Zone until that profitable batch is in place.

I don't know why some companies seem to fall under this method and others do not and can process and ship really fast.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Ah Haa! I think I've got it! Ordering, Processing, Shipping!

[ Edited ]

brilliant...

Honored Contributor

@on the bay   it would seem that could explain why some customers get what they order before others do although I have no idea how QVC chooses who’s on first.

As for which companies are on first, maybe those bigger than QVC?  I know Amazon is about 5 times bigger with Walmart being bigger even than Amazon and Target smaller but still a lot larger than QVC.  Maybe like bank robbers, sellers follow the money, but that’s a guess on my part.

Honored Contributor

That could explain orders from distributors or middlemen who might have extra items in stock, but QVC also has products and clothing made in foreign countries. Those items would be sent directly to QVC and stocked in their fulfillment centers. 

Delays in processing can also be caused by orders  sold before receipt of the order.  Shipping delays from the manufacturer or vendor.  It appeared QVC was selling some items it didn't have in stock.  

I have received orders directly from the vendor.  If the vendor is slow, it will show it's in process. 

Also, we might see a few items pop-up a few days later after a sellout that are cancellations or returns unless they were new products. 

I suspect covid slowed QVC down, but processing delays were going on before the integration of HSN.  

Other possibilities for delays could be inefficiency or QVC is often backlogged due to employee shortages.  

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Probably some of you have already figured this out, but I was thinking about why it takes so long to get something we ordered, particularly why it takes so long to even process the order and then ship!

Well, I ordered that Valerie Parhill outdoor flickering lantern finally after its initial sell out. I checked every so often and I thought it was curious why they showed it not available after sell out then every couple days they would show one color again available (2 colors at the most).I finally got my color.

I thought they are probably still trying to see how many they can

order before shipping.

Then I looked it up on that wise web of info. Why do orders take so long to process? Not just on QVC but anywhere.

And I found that many have a deal with the vendor/seller that it is cheaper if they order/ship in batches!

So while I may have ordered something a week or more ago, they will wait to process mine, until they get enough of that same color, size whatever to ship in a huge batch.

Win for the vendor and company, but the customer has to wait it out. So what we ordered sits in the Twilight Zone until that profitable batch is in place.

I don't know why some companies seem to fall under this method and others do not and can process and ship really fast.

I think you could be right.  Also, I was thinking Q isn't keeping inventory at all anymore and order it from overseas as the orders come in.  

I don't order from companies that operate a business this way.