Honored Contributor

Re: After the virus passes, or for whatever comes after it, has your bucket list changed?

@stuyvesant wrote:

I think it's going to be like the native american thing.  How all these Americans turned out to have native american ancestors only it didn't have anything to do with the oil money.

The grandmother and grandfather who refused to wear maks will be transformed into people who quietly wore masks with dignity.

Except the internet is forever and there will forever be a Youtube video of Nana having her famous mask meltdown at the Walmart. "No no. Everyone misunderstands that old video. I said, "I refuse to stare at this stupid task!" Not, "I refuse to wear this stupid mask." I was reading my emails and they upset me! No one believes me!"

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: After the virus passes, or for whatever comes after it, has your bucket list changed?

I've never had the desire to create or fulfill a bucket list.

I understand goals, I understand dreams and desires to do certain things (a goal to get and education, a dream to travel the world, a desire to be a better person). But the whole bucket list thing has become a cliche. It's become a laundry list of things that people rush to do, just to prove to themselves  or convince others, that they have 'lived'. 

That said, if it keeps life interesting, fulfilling and happy for someone else it's a great thing for them to do.