Esteemed Contributor

Re: After the virus passes, or for whatever comes after it, has your bucket list changed?

@violann wrote:

@Stray wrote:

I didn't have a bucket list but after retirement I wanted to travel more since I had the time for long vacations.....I've been lucky and have seen what I wanted to see and done what I wanted to do.  It's been rough here in NJ and my wish list is simple.....I see Transiberian Orchestra with my adult niece every year for a very long time.....it isn't Christmas without them.....I just hope I get to go this year 

What a lovely aspiration. My bucket list last year focused on a music activity that I was doing for the first time in my life, and I turned out to be the oldest participant. Well worth the effort.

I LOVE the transiberian Orchestra Christmas programs too. Hope yo get to enjoy every minute!

@violann - I love TSO as they are such a uniting force.  You see people of all ages enjoying this show and their music covers different genres; it just puts you in the holiday spirit.  I like that they they have always donated to local charities, usually helping children.  It's rock but there is a gentle quality to their programs.  It won't be the same if I can't see them but I'm sure they will do something virtual.... not the same! 

Honored Contributor

Re: After the virus passes, or for whatever comes after it, has your bucket list changed?

No bucket list. At this point in my life, I think I’ve done everything I wanted to do.

The last six months gave me the opportunity to catch up on some stuff I had been putting off, and learning some new things.
Esteemed Contributor

The only thing that I want to do is see the Aurora somewhere.  Now that I have the time, we cannot travel safely to any place that I might see it.  Maybe 2021 is my year or 2022.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Nope, not really changed for me.  Hubby and I always traveled whenever and wherever we could.  Virus and other factors have put an end to that.... but as soon as we're able, we'll be on the road again.  So many places in these United States that we want to visit!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I have no bucket list-no interest in traveling anymore; with one exception:  to visit our DS in Canada. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I always have a million things I want to do and as soon as I do one, another takes its place. Or I want to do it again. There will always be more as I explore and discover more. If I can't do any of them in the future, it won't ruin anything either. It's a matter of staying ready and watching for and jumping on opportunities as they pop up.

My personal opinion: It think it's super important to live lightly on the Earth and not be too attached to having too many details occur in any particular way -- because most of it is out of our control. I just want to be happy and peaceful and affectionate and have fun. I don't care which specific activities make that happen.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

As long-retired seniors, we are using this time to have projects done to improve our home.  And, of course, the clean out of so many years of accumulation of stuff.  Had a new driveway put in, new garage doors installed yesterday, and we are in the process of having a new stone walk put in, a very long one, to our front door.  We are fortunate to be still be living in the home we love, but we want to get it in tippy-top shape for when we sell.

We look forward to spending long and relaxed time with family and friends.  We are looking forward to having our two

GC stay over again.  For our ages, I guess we can’t complain about our health issues too much.  When this is over - if it is ever over - Italy here we come.  We never go on tours, and we know where we want to go at a relaxed pace.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My goals are modest.  I will make it a priority to see my grandchildren more, especially the one in CA, once the virus is under more control.

Honored Contributor

No. Nothing different.  I will go back to having my teeth cleaned Three times a year....my husband will get his hair cut....but really, nothing has changed in my lifestyle with the pandemic.  

Trusted Contributor

I think it's going to be like the native american thing.  How all these Americans turned out to have native american ancestors only it didn't have anything to do with the oil money.

The grandmother and grandfather who refused to wear maks will be transformed into people who quietly wore masks with dignity.