Highlighted
Honored Contributor

After the virus passes, or for whatever comes after it, has your bucket list changed?

If I were young again, and able to get around with no restrictions, I think I'd do a bucket list now.  I never did in the past, but 20/20 hindsight and You Tube, has shown me a few things I think I'd like to see now.

How about you?  New bucket list or making sure you fulfill the one you have, as things allow for it?

Honored Contributor

Re: After the virus passes, or for whatever comes after it, has your bucket list changed?

No.  I don't believe in bucket lists.  I believe in living every day as special, and to live to take opportunities as they come in your life.

Look at life for what you have done and been blessed to do, not as a check off "to do" list. 

Honored Contributor

Re: After the virus passes, or for whatever comes after it, has your bucket list changed?

There goes, just for the sake of conversation.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

If I were young again, and able to get around with no restrictions, I think I'd do a bucket list now.  I never did in the past, but 20/20 hindsight and You Tube, has shown me a few things I think I'd like to see now.

How about you?  New bucket list or making sure you fulfill the one you have, as things allow for it?

I am old, and it's taken me years to develop a bucket list, but I'm working on my baggie list right now, and it's a significant assist with keeping my head above the waters of hopelessness and despair

A baggie is much more flexible than a bucket in my way of thinking, and pandemic taken into account, and in my neck of the woods, it's ALWAYS something to be taken into account, flexibility is an asset to sanity.

SO, although I found out yesterday that I wouldn't have a live tuba lesson in the near future, I decided that I'd start my lesson book from the beginning and for the time being, adopt the discipline of adding a page or two as soon as I can handle the pages before effectively, and pushing forward to the day when I can get back to lessons again.

My goal, playing upper grade wind ensemble and brass ensemble music when this cataclysm is resolving again, remains clear and focused. The way to get there needs a flexibility tweaking, so I'm doing that.

FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Honored Contributor

I don't have a bucket list per se but one thing I want to do is the El Camino de Santiago.  If I ever get my walking issue fixed!  Should have done this years ago. 

GS wants to do this with me, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 

I hope you get to do this walk and report back about your experience.  

You've probably seen the movie with Martin Sheen called "The Way."  That was the first time I had heard of it.

A father heads overseas to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago," and decides to take the pilgrimage himself.

I'll never do it, but enjoy thinking about it Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Cakers3 

I hope you get to do this walk and report back about your experience.  

You've probably seen the movie with Martin Sheen called "The Way."  That was the first time I had heard of it.

A father heads overseas to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago," and decides to take the pilgrimage himself.

I'll never do it, but enjoy thinking about it Cat Happy

@Witchy Woman   Hi - I actually did see that movie. 

Actually had planned to do this in college but life got in the way.

The route at one time actually started in Jerusalem; I don't know if that route is still used but the one that starts in France is the most known.

It would be a wonderful experience to share with GS.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 

Oh, I so envy you having someone young to accompany you. 

It will be amazing!  I'll be looking for your announcement that you've done it.

Had no idea it started in Jerusalem.  Makes me want to watch the movie again!

Honored Contributor

My only bucket list is a list of chores...things I need to get done.  I never get done, but then I add to this list, so I'm guilty.

As for recreational activities, can't think of anything I really want to do, see, or endure the hassles to get there, that I haven't done in the past.  For me, that's a nice place to be.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One can have a bucket list and still take life as it comes with an appreciation of all that has come one's way.  Not mutually exclusive.

It isn't about having a list to check-off, either.

People misinterpret the concept; and sadly there are folks who don't have the time to wait around for life to happen.  Some have lives that will be shortened before others and heading out to do something the heart and soul would like to do makes that shortened life all the more special.

People are assuming folks with bucket lists have infinite health and time.

Not everyone does.