Respected Contributor

Re: After I Reply, How Do I Get Back To Where I Left Off?

There have been some interesting and helpful tips here.

I have been 'hearting' everything I want to be able to bounce back to.

Respected Contributor

I want to know on the next day how do you find those threads you posted on our profile history is so mess up it goes way back and some new... I don't believe this works right because in the state it is in it is useless...

Thanks for any tips!

Honored Contributor

javala wrote:

I want to know on the next day how do you find those threads you posted on our profile history is so mess up it goes way back and some new... I don't believe this works right because in the state it is in it is useless...

Thanks for any tips!

@javala, Please see this thread:

"~ Paging NAES - Forum Tips & Suggestions ~"

for tips to find "clues" to our recent posts and threads.

link goes to:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Paging-NAES-Forum-Tips-amp-Suggestions/td-p/1932863

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:
AFTER I REPLY, HOW DO I RETURN TO WHERE I WAS IN THE FORUM, BEFORE I CLICKED TO READ A POST AND REPLIED TO IT?

visitor tag.pngYou don't.........you just wander aimlessly in the land of QVC forgoten post.......like those toys in the xmas special.........lost forever..............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

hckynutjohn wrote:

E.T.A.  ONCE AGAIN I GOT THE "YOUR POST HAS BEEN CHANGED BECAUSE OF INVALID HTML" MESSAGE.  THUS.  I had to hit "POST" YET AGAIN to get this REPLY posted.

Then ONCE AGAIN, back to the blank page with the list of forums to the far left. 

I will MORE THAN LIKELY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE SAME "DOUBLE POST PROCESS" to get this  E.T.A. into my reply. 

OH THE JOY OF "NEW AND IMPROVED", eh ??

After I hit "submit" on my reply, 9 times out of 10, I get the "RED HTML message about some thing being changed, or whatever else it says".  So I have to hit "post/submit" once again. It then takes me to a blank page EXECEPT for the names of all the forums, on the left of the page. Thought this might be an issue for TABLETS ONLY, but it does the same thing on my PC.

I end up choosing the forum I left, once again, and it does exactly what you describe. After posting my repy, TWICE most times, hitting the <  arrow takes me back to the HTML "re-submit nonsense", not to where I want to go.

This is both TABLET and/or PC. I've tried everything I can think of and have concluded, once again, it is an issue with this  "new and improved(?) BB format".

@hckynutjohn,

The HTML message is merely checking for embedded code.

This actually offers more protection than the previous platform, so it's a nuisance but worth the extra click.

Just click "submit," look at your post and you'll see nothing was changed.  (And, of course, you also can edit your post after submitting it.)

To remain in the thread, you need to change your settings.

Go to "My Settings," and then "Preferences."

Scroll down and uncheck "Show confirmation pages for posts."

Scroll down and click "SAVE."

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I use the back arrow or click the forum name
on the left side of the page.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Thank you DbD it was helpful using notifcation at least for some things!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

After I type my post and click on the red post button, I receive a message at the top of the page stating my post went through successfully and asking if I'd like to move to that post.

Apparently, not everyone's seeing/getting this message???

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Occasional Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

After I type my post and click on the red post button, I receive a message at the top of the page stating my post went through successfully and asking if I'd like to move to that post.

Apparently, not everyone's seeing/getting this message???

Yes that's it. I see the same thing. But I'm finding it so inconvenient along with some other functions that are confusing.

How do you find your previous posts? 

Respected Contributor

There is just too much navigating on this new board.  It get's very frustrating.