Honored Contributor

Re: After Corona,then what?

[ Edited ]

I have a friend that works for a company that sells home-use equipment that is used for skin conditions...the equipment uses ultra violet light to help the patients with skin conditions...and must be prescribed by a doctor, it is not an off the shelf product.

edited for typo

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV 

I see nothing to suggest that “it” is ever going to be “over.” 

I am so tired of hearing repeatedly about how the virus will be back in the fall. Seriously? It has to leave in order to come back. It isn’t gone. 

It is in the 90s much of the time here and our numbers are still going up. Someone needs to tell the virus it doesn’t like the heat because it doesn’t appear to know that. 

Many of the theories the experts have have are based on other viruses but this new one does not behave like any other virus. 

And now I‘m hearing it can “hang” in the air for three hours. So we need those masks on correctly any time we leave the house even if there isn’t a soul in sight. I am almost feel the virus slamming onto my skin as I walk...diving into my eyes even if I have a mask covering my nose and mouth. 

Honored Contributor

@KJPA wrote:

I don't know if it's true but I was told that cold viruses are around all year long but we don't touch our faces as much in warmer weather therefore we don't catch as many colds in warmer weather. This was a discussion last year and not related to this new Coronavirus. 

I believe sunlight kills viruses. That doesn't mean it's easy to "put" sunlight on everything that needs to be cleaned. I just think it's one of nature's cleansers. And it's better for us to spend some time outdoors, if possible.

I also believe viruses cannot spread as easily in open air as they can in enclosed spaces. And vitamin D (as well as other vitamins and minerals) helps humans stay more healthy. There are many sides to staying healthy and some of them are just common sense. 

@KJPA    The coronavirus is not a living organism so it can't be killed, but it is very fragile and can be destroyed with heat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@MoJoV 

I see nothing to suggest that “it” is ever going to be “over.” 

I am so tired of hearing repeatedly about how the virus will be back in the fall. Seriously? It has to leave in order to come back. It isn’t gone. 

It is in the 90s much of the time here and our numbers are still going up. Someone needs to tell the virus it doesn’t like the heat because it doesn’t appear to know that. 

Many of the theories the experts have have are based on other viruses but this new one does not behave like any other virus. 

And now I‘m hearing it can “hang” in the air for three hours. So we need those masks on correctly any time we leave the house even if there isn’t a soul in sight. I am almost feel the virus slamming onto my skin as I walk...diving into my eyes even if I have a mask covering my nose and mouth. 

"Seriously? It (the virus) has to leave in order to come back. It isn’t gone."

@willdob3   I'm pretty sure they mean that it will rear its ugly head with a vengeance as it is occurring right now.  They know it never goes away.

"I am almost feel the virus slamming onto my skin as I walk...diving into my eyes even if I have a mask covering my nose and mouth."

I am wearing glasses anytime I go outside.  It's the prudent thing to do. There have been reports of covid19 getting in through the eyes and JAMA Opthalmology reported on a study suggesting this.  

I will continue to take every precaution.  I cover my hair too as I don't wash my hair every day.  I don't really care who thinks this is silly or overreaction.  I do what makes sense to me.  The experts still have a lot to learn about this virus and how it is transmitted.  

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette , I’m in South Texas and it is hot, the 90’s today and every day we’re getting new cases and more deaths. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The next suggestion might be to "Drink  Kool-Aid."    Yep, that'll take care of this whole thing ... 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KJPA wrote:

I don't know if it's true but I was told that cold viruses are around all year long but we don't touch our faces as much in warmer weather therefore we don't catch as many colds in warmer weather. This was a discussion last year and not related to this new Coronavirus. 

I believe sunlight kills viruses. That doesn't mean it's easy to "put" sunlight on everything that needs to be cleaned. I just think it's one of nature's cleansers. And it's better for us to spend some time outdoors, if possible.

I also believe viruses cannot spread as easily in open air as they can in enclosed spaces. And vitamin D (as well as other vitamins and minerals) helps humans stay more healthy. There are many sides to staying healthy and some of them are just common sense. 

@KJPA    The coronavirus is not a living organism so it can't be killed, but it is very fragile and can be destroyed with heat.

Perhaps that is technically correct, but I don't think scientists are 100% settled on "what" a virus is. Destroy/kill. 😂 either way it won't hurt you afterwards. 😊

KJPA
Respected Contributor
I lost a dear friend and coworker this week to the virus. He was in the ICU for 3 weeks.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV 

Beats me! Since we live in Nebraska? That, plus I live in the present, as I have said on these forums many times. My concerns are on what "I can control". This virus and what our politicians allow are not up to me.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

We don't know a lot about this new virus, except what we hear in the media. At least I don't think any of us are actively working in a lab on it 😉 But we still like to discuss our ideas. Here's a link from an older article about sunlight and viruses. Looking at any recent articles would just lead to polarization.  Better to go farther back. So this is about the flu virus, which isn't the exact same thing, but you get the idea.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20180212/can-uv-light-be-used-to-kill-airborne-flu-virus-#1

KJPA