Trusted Contributor

I have not seen very many ads for the usual after-Christmas sales that used to be everywhere. I used to always go out and buy for the following year; giftwrap and some gifts. Have no reason to go out tomorrow based on what I have seen. Even online I have not seen much to get interested in. Maybe the supply and shipping problems means stores don't have much to close out this year. 

Valued Contributor

Re: After Christmas Sales

[ Edited ]

I received an email about the Bath and Body Works semi annual sale being tomorrow the 26th. I thought they had it in January. I'm getting a larger paycheck in January. Broke now. But that is all I have seen anyway.

Honored Contributor

Re: After Christmas Sales

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC@Duckncover,

I got a sale flyer from Macy's and a coupon for Bath & Body Works, that's about it, nothing like all the other years. The stores all have early opening  hours again today, but thank goodness I need nothing!

christmas-eve
Facebook Opens in new window Twitter Opens in new window Email Opens in new window
cane day
Honored Contributor

I've noticed also there is a lack of after Christmas sales.  Just  as well,  no desire/need to go shopping,

Respected Contributor

Walmart and the local Boscov's had not much Christmas stuff left the weekend before Christmas. Not sure they get as much as they used to.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately retailers don't have the inventory to offer after Christmas sales. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was in Lowes, Home Depot and Target on Christmas Eve and there was not a Christmas anything to be found. It looked like it never happened. I don't think there was the inventory this year. I used to love going out after Christmas but decided to stay in. I don't need anything anyway.

Honored Contributor

when we were "younger" the Christmas stuff never was discounted before the day, now sales run almost as soon as it hits the stores.

I haven't seen much after Xmas sales either, 

no Sunday shopping here so I might go out tomorrow 

Honored Contributor

I agree -- I don't think a lot of places had a great inventory to begin with.  And the shoppers pretty much did a number on what there was.  Even in past years, I used to go to Target on the day after and there was never much of anything left.  I won't go this year.  Before all the virus talk and the talk of all the shortages, in times past, I always used to to out on the day after Christmas and bargain hunted at all the stores!  I had a blast!  I would look for wrapping paper, cards, decorations, possible gifts, things for the home, etc!  It was just furthering the holiday season!  But no more --- just another thing destroyed by the virus, the shortages, the climate we are living in (won't go into details as I don't want to be erased), etc.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Christmas inventory was pretty low to begin with this year, so they don't really need to move a lot of stuff. You will see video games get marked down to try and lure owners of new consoles to spend some cash. Some stores will do markdowns on other items to try and lure gift card recipients into the stores to spend their gift cards. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!