Honored Contributor

Re: Afraid of complaining?

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

Do the papers have a guaranteed delivery morning time?

I have never heard of it. I could see it was delivered at noon or not delivered.

@missy1, yes. I did state that they have guaranteed delivery times in my opening post, and I later posted once or twice exactly what those deadlines are: 6:00 weekdays, 7:00 Saturdays, and 8:00 Sundays.

The last two days our paper was delivered one hour late. I'll decide either to get used to that or cancel. I would very much miss that habit in the morning, sitting at our breakfast table with a cup or three of coffee.:-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Afraid of complaining?

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl wrote:

@ScarletDove, people have complained and it falls on deaf ears.  Probably one of the reasons is that we have a large post office near us for mail distribution, but it is not the actual post office for our location.  Our local post office is in our deli and they do not deliver mail.  It is almost like we are a bother to them because we are not part of the town.

@SXMGirl  I am sorry to hear that you are getting no satisfaction in any form.  All I can say is that it must have to do with location so you are reduced to taking what they are willing to provide.....I live in Wash, DC metro MD area and we get excellent service (with minimal problems), so that is why I surmise location may be the culprit! Perhaps it is time to go to your local legislator to find out why you are having ignored and/or unresolved postal problems!

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

@suzyQ3, I understand exactly what you are going through.  We have a similar situation with our mail delivery.  If the regular person is delivering, it may be 6 or 7 at night.  When the person who fills in for vacation delivers, we get out mail between 8 and 10 in the morning.  Our regular person will stop at a home at the beginning of our neighborhood, leave the truck open, and spend time with the people who live there.  I have no idea if they are relatives, but it, along with always receiving the wrong mail, is a problem.  My neighbor does complain directly to him, but you just don't know what goes through people's minds, especially today.

@SXMGirl  might I suggest you call the USPS PO from which your mail originates and complain about the reg mailcarrier and his morning ritual with neighbors which delays delivery to everyone, including you.  I have no problem calling the Postmistress when I request an online USPS pkg. pickup and mail carrier does not take the package.  I have had mail not picked up more times than I remember and I have no problem reporting when mailcarrier ignores his job.  

leave the truck open,  asking for theft 

I would be reporting this ASAP

can't imagine what he is doing on his "lunch break"