Honored Contributor

Re: Affluenza Mom Complains About Jail Conditions

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

If the law says you must pass competency exams, both written and driving, in order to have a drivers license, why oh why can't someone come up with a competency exam you must pass before you're allowed to have children?

Yeah, I already know the reason .....   just thinking out loud ...... so to speak.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh the horror, say it isn't so!! I'm not going to be able to sleep or continue with my regular routine because I'll be too worried about the lights in jail being too bright for her.

I don't usually revel in the misfortune of others but this cow is right where she belongs as far as I'm concerned.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with everyone. The kid needs a foot where the sun don't shine. The mother needs to go back to a Mexican jail where she won't have to worry about bright lights. Give both of them Mexico's finest  water and lock the bathroom.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

It never ends, does it?  Now dad has been arrested to impersonating a police officer.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/08/20/affluenza-teen-father-arrested/14328201/

@denisemb The link you posted was from 2014. Both parents of Ethan have been in trouble with the law several times...nothing new.

Honored Contributor

Did I hear correctly the mother was at a strip club WITH her son?

That's just sick.

SICK.

ew.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering why there isn't an uproar about the judge's role in all this. It's a defense attorney's job to get his client off. Citing "affluenza". It's the judge's job to call bs on all of it and stick the kid in jail.  4 dead, 1 paralyzed 

Regular Contributor

If she doesn't like the jail let her see the morgue where her little darling sent his poor victims.  Her son should seeit too.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I'm wondering why there isn't an uproar about the judge's role in all this. It's a defense attorney's job to get his client off. Citing "affluenza". It's the judge's job to call bs on all of it and stick the kid in jail.  4 dead, 1 paralyzed 

@scatcat  It's not as if they can have a 'do over' on a case...

The best they can do is max the probation 'if' Ethan is actually returned from Mexico...in hopes he'll screw up doing something eventually...then throw the book at him

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Did I hear correctly the mother was at a strip club WITH her son?

That's just sick.

SICK.

ew.

@Lucky Charm  Yep, you heard right...IK, right? WT???

Ethan was getting his lap dances with mom by his side and neither could pay when they were leaving. Ethan had to use his rolex for collateral...

It begs the question as to why the mom was there...SOOOO many possibilities...none are pleasant to fill one's head with...ugh!

Just when I thought I had heard everything  *rolls eyes*

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I think this sheriff is being very insensitive and inconsiderate.  Since she is not happy with the accommodations provided I think an agreement should be worked out with another jurisdiction and mom should be transferred-- provided the agreement is with the Maricopa County (AZ) Sheriff's office.  I'm sure Sheriff Joe would welcome her with open arms.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.