Respected Contributor

Re: Affluenza Mom Complains About Jail Conditions

Leave them both in a Mexican prison and let's move on.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

I barely know about this story...just what I get from headlines and a few snippets here and there.

My question is: Why is this national news?

This is just another reality show, posing as news. Or news posing as reality show. 

If you really think that, I suggest you find out more than just "a few snippets here and there".

It is one of the most egregious examples of injustice most of us have ever seen.  And I for one certainly hope to never see its like again.

It won't go away until some form of real justice is meted out.  (Or until the guilty in this case truly accepts responsibility for the horror he and his poor excuse for parents inflicted on innocent parties and mans up.  I don't think that's ever likely to happen.)

Honored Contributor

And I hear...Daddy is in trouble for impersonating an officer now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Those charges go back to August, 2014.  He was charged with "false identification as a police officer: misrepresentation of property,"  and released on $2,500 bond.  I have not been able to find any report of disposition of the case but he has an extensive history of having charges dismissed.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@croemer wrote:

Those charges go back to August, 2014.  He was charged with "false identification as a police officer: misrepresentation of property,"  and released on $2,500 bond.  I have not been able to find any report of disposition of the case but he has an extensive history of having charges dismissed.

Ahh...may be, I read this report just the other day. Do you know if he has appeared in court yet on these charges?

Is there any doubt how this young kid turned out the way he did?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**