Honored Contributor

Re: Advocates for the product on air

@software wrote:

I just wonder if some of them are QVC employees because I see them present different products on different days.

I know the pillow guy is not an employee but others are there all the time.   The guy who usually presents the humidifiers has presented other home items.   What's his name, Scott?

It's not at all unusual for vendors to rep more than one line, regardless of the industry but generally they don'r rep competing lines. These are independent rep firms in essence.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Vendors are people like Chaz Dean, Rastelli, the guy who invented that back pain device, the   scrub daddy guy, Mally before she went bankrupt, the Ring doorbell guy, Lori Grenier (for the most part), Vivki Tsai,Dr. Robb, Joan Rivers and David Dangle, Judith Ripka, Dennis Basso, Michael Dawkins, Robert Lee Morris.  They own the company or part of it.  The vast majority  are just professional product reps hired by the Q and approved by the company.  I always laugh when some say they worked on product development because they did not. Their job is to make you think they are a part of the company--NOT true.   Most are used along the same types of products by the Q.  If you look them up on Linkedin or other sources you see that they are professional reps, and alot of them live in the area.   That is why some of them take on other products when the Q no longer handles the line they repd-like Linda Davies, and the lady who is now with Halston.   Of course, now there is the category of people who no longer really own their company like Jamie Kern Lima, Mally, Judith Ripka, Isaac-but they are invested in the product.  Also from time to time a rep does come on who actually is employed by the company.  It is a huge conglomeration of people.  And I frequently see  the professional reps on air presenting competing lines.

Honored Contributor

You're probably speaking specificially about shopping channels, but in business you do not at all have to have an ownership stake in the company to be a vendor. In most businesses vendor is just the word for whoever the sales person is that's representing the manufacturers line of products to wholesalers or retailers.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval