Trusted Contributor

Re: Advice on where to buy used car, etc.

@AngelPuppy1 I think an older car that doesn't have a lot of miles would be ok. It really depends on what it's needed for. If it's just for getting around the city it should be fine. If the brand isn't an issue that gives you lots of options. I'd check sites that sell lots of cars like autotrader or Cars where you can put in mileage ranges and you can get an idea of what's out there and at what dealer. A five year old car with only 40 or 50 thousand miles would be great. Especially if it's a car that's considered reliable over the years.

Respected Contributor

Certified pre owned, so the warranty carries over from the original buyer.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

I wonder when toyota bought lexus????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

@NickNack 

I wonder when toyota bought lexus????

@kivah   When l Googled it, it said that Lexus originated as the luxury division of Toyota.  This is one short paragraph of what I found.

A Brief History of Lexus

Lexus actually originated as the luxury division of Toyota. Drivers were first introduced to Lexus vehicles in January of 1989, when the first model rolled out. It was called the Lexus LS 400. In 1990, the cars began to be exported to the UK, Australia, Switzerland, and Canada.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

I had no idea.

My first 2 car purchases were Toyota Coronas - in 1968 and the early 1970s. Both were LEMONS. When I brought the cars in for repair at the Toyota dealers - they always ripped me off. I grew up in NY/Brooklyn where I didn't own or need a car. When I moved to California --- they sure took advantage of me. Now I HATE Toyotas.