Occasional Contributor

Advice on getting to QVC from Phily

My friend and I will be visiting QVC next week for the Girlfriend's Shopping Event and will be staying at the Desmond Hotel for 2 nights. We won't have a car and I would appreciate it if anyone has any transportation suggestions (other than a taxi) to get to West Chester.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Advice on getting to QVC from Phily

The Desmond isn't far from QVC and has a shuttle.  Sometimes when there's events they offer free transportation. (I'd call and ask them) 

Truthfully I'd rent a car as the town of West Chester is nice and there is the King of Prussia Mall nearby.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

The Desmond isn't far from QVC and has a shuttle.  Sometimes when there's events they offer free transportation. (I'd call and ask them) 

Truthfully I'd rent a car as the town of West Chester is nice and there is the King of Prussia Mall nearby.

I agree!  You really should take a trip to KOP mall...it's one of the very best!

West Chester is a cute town. Look it up online.  QVC is just situated in an industrial park which could be anywhere...meaning that though it's very modern, clean and safe it could be anywhere.

Honored Contributor

philadelphia to the west chester area is not a "short ride"......it is around 30 miles, maybe a bit more. my guess is is that if you take a taxi or uber it is not going to be that cheap. it would probably be less expensive to rent a car.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Desmond Hotel looks to be in Malvern, not Philly. Hotel is about 10 miles from West Chester.

Respected Contributor

Maybe go on SEPTA's website and check train schedules ? There should be something from either 30th Street station or Market East that goes to West CHester.
Valued Contributor

@minkylu Me and the incredibly awesome @Eva-QVC looked into this for you! Here's what we heard from the team planning the event! Smiley Happy 

"We are providing transportation to all of the scheduled events for the weekend.

The Desmond does have a shuttle that can be reserved to go to different venues within a 5-mile radius.

The Desmond also recommends a limo service that can be rented for travel outside of that radius. 

The Desmond’s phone number is 610-296-9800."

Hope you have an awesome Girlfriend's weekend, take a picture or two and share them with us if you feel comfortable! Can be of anything you enjoyed! 

Brittany 

Honored Contributor

"We are providing transportation to all of the scheduled events for the weekend."

Strange the OP & her friend were unaware of this.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Mz iMac wrote:

"We are providing transportation to all of the scheduled events for the weekend."

Strange the OP & her friend were unaware of this.

my take on the question the OP posed was that she and her friend would be coming in from philly........which is around 30+ miles away from the west chester/malvern area. i thought she was asking how to get from the city to these locations, not necessarily how to get from the hotel to qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

The OP posting is rather confusing.  The Desmond Hotel is not in Philly.  It is located in Malvern which is approximately 10 miles from QVC (West Chester).  Philly is approximately 30+ miles from WC which other posters have pointed out.

My response was mostly to what the OP stated:  "I would appreciate it if anyone has any transportation suggestions (other than a taxi) to get to West Chester.  Thanks"

Which apparently is being provided by QVC or whoever is sponsering the GFE.   To me it's saying that transportation is being taken care of, starting point---> at the Desmond Hotel. 

Which is why I found it strange the OP was unaware of this!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif