Honored Contributor

Re: Advice for current OR prospective Cat Parents

So cute! I got rid of the cat bed last year, after 6 years of gathering dust.

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 september said:

So cute! I got rid of the cat bed last year, after 6 years of gathering dust.

Did you happen to wash it thoroughly and donate it to your local shelter?

They're always in great need of basic supplies, as well as things to soothe.

Honored Contributor

feline groovy, Such a great thread! Your love of animals is so admirable and sweet!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Not all the descriptions fit my cat, but I've certainly had many over the years who fall into all those cat-egories.Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh} The kitty who owns me now is a gray/white tuxedo cat with a white snowdrop on her nose. She's the most affectionate, sweet cat I've ever had... follows me around and sits on top of me any chance she gets. Strangest thing, if she had her choice, she'd ride on my shoulder all day long. Cats are fabulous!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 ShowMe said:

Boy, this hits right on with my Mr. Lucky. Fits him to a T.......

scottie, did I tell you about the day I was in the living room and Mr. Lucky walked in and sat down.....the all of the sudden he made a sound that sounded like a dog barking. I looked at him and he look at me......think he startled himself. But, it sure sounded like a dog.....

ShowMe, it's probably the Siamese in him. They can be talkers and they can make some really unusual sounds. Yep, they do things that surprise themselves and they can be such fun to watch. Sweet, funny critters, they are.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

feline, I did wash the cat bed and donated it to a friend whose cat had just had kittens. But they didn't like it, either. Maybe it still had his scent in it from the few times he had used it? Or maybe all cats just hate beds that aren't "people furniture"!
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 dooBdoo said:

feline groovy, Such a great thread! Your love of animals is so admirable and sweet!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Not all the descriptions fit my cat, but I've certainly had many over the years who fall into all those cat-egories.Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh} The kitty who owns me now is a gray/white tuxedo cat with a white snowdrop on her nose. She's the most affectionate, sweet cat I've ever had... follows me around and sits on top of me any chance she gets. Strangest thing, if she had her choice, she'd ride on my shoulder all day long. Cats are fabulous!

Hiya, Doobie! Thanks very much, babe. And your love as well. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Gotta tell you, though, that "admirable' is the least-likely adjective to connect to me, LOL.

Figured that at least one thing on the chart could pertain to everyone's kitty, so no biggie if any of your catbabies may not have more than that. "Cat-egories", heh. Cool

What's your kittie's name? Her markings are lovely, especially that kissable "snowdrop". And she even has a sweet purrsonality to match her beloved mama's. 8)

Man, I would love being a cat guardian to one that liked to chill on my shoulder! Jealous, lol!

BTW, here's my newest take on cats:

"CATS ALWAYS KEEP YOUR EGO IN CHECK"

So, for the ever-increasing number of disgustingly self-important and arrogant people in this world, DEAL WITH IT! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fab new siggies of yours....

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 september said: feline, I did wash the cat bed and donated it to a friend whose cat had just had kittens. But they didn't like it, either. Maybe it still had his scent in it from the few times he had used it? Or maybe all cats just hate beds that aren't "people furniture"!

The thought and gesture is what's most important, september; you tried. 8)

And you're right: any residual scent (undetectable to human's) could have been the issue; cats' noses are extremely sensitive, especially mamas.

Of course, "people furniture" is usually preferable! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} That goes for things that people use, as well as people's body parts. Smiley Wink

Next time, just call your local shelter and ask if they would accept clean and gently-used beds or other things you may have around. Like blankets, sheets, towels, toys, kitty furniture, and other stuff.

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 feline groovy said:

feline groovy , Such a great thread! Your love of animals is so admirable and sweet!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Not all the descriptions fit my cat, but I've certainly had many over the years who fall into all those cat - egories.Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh} The kitty who owns me now is a gray/white tuxedo cat with a white snowdrop on her nose. She's the most affectionate, sweet cat I've ever had... follows me around and sits on top of me any chance she gets. Strangest thing, if she had her choice, she'd ride on my shoulder all day long. Cats are fabulous!

Hiya, Doobie! Thanks very much, babe. And your love as well. {#emotions_dlg.wub} Gotta tell you, though, that "admirable' is the least-likely adjective to connect to me, LOL.

Figured that at least one thing on the chart could pertain to everyone's kitty, so no biggie if any of your catbabies may not have more than that. "Cat-egories", heh. Cool

What's your kittie's name? Her markings are lovely, especially that kissable "snowdrop". And she even has a sweet purrsonality to match her beloved mama's. 8)

Man, I would love being a cat guardian to one that liked to chill on my shoulder! Jealous, lol!

So, for the ever-increasing number of disgustingly self-important and arrogant people in this world, DEAL WITH IT! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Aw, c'mon, now... "admirable" is completely suitable and appropriate. Thanks for the compliment! She's named after Gilda Radner's "Roseanne Roseannadanna." Partly because when she trotted into my life she was so mischievous and curious, so "it's always something" seemed to describe her and the fixes she got herself into. And partly because I was reading Gilda's book, and her sweetness and fragile strength touched my heart.

Love the ego quote, very true. Thanks, glad you like the siggies! I noticed yours, too... one of my guilty pleasures is RuPaul's Drag Race.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 feline groovy said:

feline groovy , Such a great thread! Your love of animals is so admirable and sweet!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Not all the descriptions fit my cat, but I've certainly had many over the years who fall into all those cat - egories.Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh} The kitty who owns me now is a gray/white tuxedo cat with a white snowdrop on her nose. She's the most affectionate, sweet cat I've ever had... follows me around and sits on top of me any chance she gets. Strangest thing, if she had her choice, she'd ride on my shoulder all day long. Cats are fabulous!

Aw, c'mon, now... "admirable" is completely suitable and appropriate. Thanks for the compliment! She's named after Gilda Radner's "Roseanne Roseannadanna." Partly because when she trotted into my life she was so mischievous and curious, so "it's always something" seemed to describe her and the fixes she got herself into. And partly because I was reading Gilda's book, and her sweetness and fragile strength touched my heart.

Love the ego quote, very true. Thanks, glad you like the siggies! I noticed yours, too... one of my guilty pleasures is RuPaul's Drag Race.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Appreciate your compliment as well, so there! LOL

That quote would be actually better as "CATS; ALWAYS KEEPING YOUR EGO IN CHECK". Smiley Wink

How unique and clever that your baby is RR's namesake! "Mr. Richard Feder from Fort Lee, NJ writes, ..." {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

It shows your great sense of humor, as well as her sweet & funny disposition. Smile You described Gilda well; she seemed kind of magical in a way.

Do you call your kittychild Roseanne? Or Rose/Rosey/Rosie? And do you have any other animal companions, Doobie? Sorry if I missed or have forgotten any that you might have mentioned on other threads.

I was watching RuPaul on 'The View' recently and as soon as said that line, I paused the video (on Hulu) and wrote it down!. She meant that we're all the same, and any artifice - what we present to the world - is just superficial and not always who we really, authentically are. So true, especially nowadays.

Like you, I really enjoy the Drag Race.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}