Honored Contributor

Re: Advice for current OR prospective Cat Parents

Thank goodness my two aren't anything like that!

One doesn't like to be pet really at all and just walks away after a few seconds, she's never been picked up.....ever. (It's a nightmare getting her in a cage to go to the vets.)

The kitten's only problem is scratching at this point. My hands are scarred for life already, and that's just from playing. She loves to be pet and especially her belly! She is OBSESSED with me and will stare at me for hours.

My son's cat is like the ones you describe and I can't stand it and it knows because it runs and hides as soon as I come in his house.

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 beammeupscottie said:
On 3/26/2015 ShowMe said:

Boy, this hits right on with my Mr. Lucky. Fits him to a T.......

scottie, did I tell you about the day I was in the living room and Mr. Lucky walked in and sat down.....the all of the sudden he made a sound that sounded like a dog barking. I looked at him and he look at me......think he startled himself. But, it sure sounded like a dog.....

Oh ShowMe, that is so funny!!!!!

I thought I had told you that.

Hey girl, did you receive the pictures????? Someone was supposed to e-mail them to you....

Respected Contributor

scottie, did I tell you about the day I was in the living room and Mr. Lucky walked in and sat down.....the all of the sudden he made a sound that sounded like a dog barking. I looked at him and he look at me......think he startled himself. But, it sure sounded like a dog.....

Hey girl, did you receive the pictures????? Someone was supposed to e-mail them to you....

Yes I did! What fun to see you and our other friend! You look marvelous.

Honored Contributor

Well, let's just say I did the best I could that day......lol.......our other friend looks wonderful.

Glad you got it. Told you that I would see to it that you got it......

Respected Contributor

Well, let's just say I did the best I could that day......lol.......our other friend looks wonderful.

Glad you got it. Told you that I would see to it that you got it......

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

My cats like their belly rubbed. (although not for prolonged periods of time)

Honored Contributor

Kinda like when puppies f@rt, LOL.

Valued Contributor

sylvia is our only cat ever who not only allows us to pet her but rolls over and demands we rub her belly, legs, face, etc. all over and every body part. all of our other cats only liked head and back pets. if we were foolish enough to try, they would demonstrate thei teeth and claw skills.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting this, felinegroovy. It's so true, and so cute!

Our girl kitty makes these cute little gurgly noises because she is purring at the same time that she is trying to "talk" and meow, so it doesn't sound quite like a meow.

Her favorite spot to be rubbed is right above her tail, just like in the diagram. She'll just stand there and let you keep on petting her there. Eventually she'll just throw herself down on the floor if you do it long enough, and flop over on her head and then stretch out with her tummy exposed for a tummy rub. She's a real ham! She's hilarious! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 sylviahomeatlast said: sylvia is our only cat ever who not only allows us to pet her but rolls over and demands we rub her belly, legs, face, etc. all over and every body part. all of our other cats only liked head and back pets. if we were foolish enough to try, they would demonstrate thei teeth and claw skills.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

That also puts her scent directly on you... "you're ALL mine, hoomins!".