Trusted Contributor

Re: Advice From the ""Oldies""

This too shall pass -- know that if you are in a difficult situation it won't last forever. Think of things in the past you really worried about at the time but made it thru.

Who makes things happen? YOU DO, YOU make things happen (from movie Working Girl)

Be your own person. Don't succumb to peer pressure.

As, Fortune said, do big projects in small steps. Learn to break down large tasks into smaller action steps.

Check to see if the door is open before you break it down.

Enjoy your own company.

Exercise regularly and keep moving.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/17/2014 _Not an easy sale said:
On 2/16/2014 croemer said:

Learn to say no.

Not everyone is going to like you and guess what life goes on and you will be OK.

,,,,,so that was you, from one of my support groups? I just knew then ..-'that'- someone had heard ME!
Life does goes on without blinking an eyelid. ..........it had to be you! I have more to add-later.........................!

THAT WAS FOR YOU, croemer, IN THE TIME I WROTE,,,OF COURSE YOU MISSED IT. I HAVE SPEWED THAT [NO] SO MANY TIMES IN REFERENCE TO MANY MEDICAL support threads, FROM OUR FIBROMYALGIA NEWCOMERS. What a teaching experience that was! I THOUGHT IT WAS TAKEN TO THE OUTER LIMITS OF -no more repeats, BUT IT TRUE -'LEARN TO SAY NO'. OF COURSE I HAVE NO DEFENSE FOR YOU IF MISTER SHELTON COMES DOWN YOUR GEOGRAPHY PATH..................?
....*this was a necessary bump up. There is another from me -somewhere. I have another which explains me better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,later...........!

Honored Contributor

don't spend time trying to please everyone...some people don't want to be pleased

don't sweat the small stuff!

Super Contributor

Don't forget your eyes - take Lutein.