Esteemed Contributor

Hi my friends, since Mr. Sunny and I are still basically in quarantine, we no longer have our cleaning lady coming regularly.  I just can't wait until she can come back, but in the meantime, we are trying to keep the house neat and clean. 

I want to buy new mops, one for the kitchen and one for the bathrooms. The ones we use now are Fuller mops but I think it's time we tried something new. I need one for wet and dry for the kitchen, which is laminate wood. The bathrooms are ceramic tile floors. All are smallish size floors. 

I thought Swiffers looked easy to use. Any suggestions on what type of starter kits I'd get for each?  I'm going to order from Amazon since I'll get free shipping and they will come fast. 

Thanks, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Advice Finding a Swiffer

we have swiffers and use them on hardwood floors and tile floors.

i buy the multi-purpose floor and hardwood cleaning spray.

happy cleaning! Smiley Wink

swiffer multi purpose.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala , I like this starter kit

C49AB998-FA01-4337-A556-4CFA9DC5D2F1.png

Trusted Contributor

I recommend buying a Haan steam mop -- uses water and no chemicals.  I use it on my laminate floors.

Honored Contributor

@sunala 

What state are you in?  Asking because I live in N.J.  My cleaning crew came last week for the first time in months.

They wore masks & practiced social distancing regarding "me."  While cleaning one room, I stayed in another.  I wore gloves as I laid their pay on the "clean" Smiley Very Happy table for them to pick up at a safe distance.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

Hi Sunny,

I would like to suggest Don Aslett's microfiber mops from QVC.  I am not sure if they are available elsewhere but I have been using this type of mop for years and absolutely love it.  No need to buy replacement pads or cleaner like you would with the Swiffer.  I rinse the pad under hot water and keep a spray bottle of vinegar, non-sudsing ammonia and water on hand to spray the pad or a stubborn spot when needed.  My floor is done in a jiffy.  This may be the best thing I have ever bought from the Q!  The pad is machine washable but no fabric softener or dryer sheets because it is microfiber.  It also will not overly wet your floors as long as you wring the pad out if using on wood floors.

Karen

Esteemed Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@sunala , I like this starter kit

C49AB998-FA01-4337-A556-4CFA9DC5D2F1.png

@loveschocolate  - thanks for the suggestion. Being I need one for bathrooms and one for kitchen, do I have to buy two separate kits, or can I just change the bottom part? I'm such a dope when it comes to these contraptions! 

Honored Contributor

I just use the basic swiffer with dry and wet cloths, no wet jet. My laminate flooring specified NO steamer use, as heat will destroy the top surface layer of the flooring in time. I do use a steamer on my ceramic flooring.
Esteemed Contributor

@kare29 wrote:

Hi Sunny,

I would like to suggest Don Aslett's microfiber mops from QVC.  I am not sure if they are available elsewhere but I have been using this type of mop for years and absolutely love it.  No need to buy replacement pads or cleaner like you would with the Swiffer.  I rinse the pad under hot water and keep a spray bottle of vinegar, non-sudsing ammonia and water on hand to spray the pad or a stubborn spot when needed.  My floor is done in a jiffy.  This may be the best thing I have ever bought from the Q!  The pad is machine washable but no fabric softener or dryer sheets because it is microfiber.  It also will not overly wet your floors as long as you wring the pad out if using on wood floors.

Karen

@kare29  -  thank you for the suggestion. I have a few of his doormats from ages ago and they're still looking good. I'll check this out! 

Honored Contributor

i definitely prefer the wet jet to the dry mops. but you could purchase one of each to see which one is better for your needs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein