Honored Contributor

Re: Adventures in customer service from the other side

@Desertdi

They put a 100 hold in addition to the room charge and I knew is was a room charge by the amount $497.52.

@Desertdi wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was at a hotel over that last two days and I was double charged for one night, the desk clerks were useless to explain what had happened, all I got is oh it was automatically done, meanwhile I had paid for the trip on a credit card and this card was for incidentals.

The manager was whitless as to why and why it happened, I was livid and wanted an explanation.We are not talking a small amount either it was a 500 charge to my bank card which could of caused all sorts of error, the problem was taken care of but never one did I get an I am sorry this happened or wow can we comp you for a drink tonight with dinner. All I got was an annoying transaction with some women who acted like a drone

When I left I aksed for the name of th GM aand I emailed her once I returned home

@I am still oxox   Hotels put a "hold" on your credit card for the amount they think you will spend.   When you check out, the "hold" is removed.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Desertdi

They put a 100 hold in addition to the room charge and I knew is was a room charge by the amount $497.52.

@Desertdi wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was at a hotel over that last two days and I was double charged for one night, the desk clerks were useless to explain what had happened, all I got is oh it was automatically done, meanwhile I had paid for the trip on a credit card and this card was for incidentals.

The manager was whitless as to why and why it happened, I was livid and wanted an explanation.We are not talking a small amount either it was a 500 charge to my bank card which could of caused all sorts of error, the problem was taken care of but never one did I get an I am sorry this happened or wow can we comp you for a drink tonight with dinner. All I got was an annoying transaction with some women who acted like a drone

When I left I aksed for the name of th GM aand I emailed her once I returned home

@I am still oxox   Hotels put a "hold" on your credit card for the amount they think you will spend.   When you check out, the "hold" is removed.

@I am still oxox    I don't know which "brand" of hotel where you were staying.............but a $500 per night room is  fairly "upgrade".   The double charge could have been a "security deposit" in case of damage.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Laura14

Feel. Your. Pain!

I was in executive customer service for 30 yrs (banking).

Can't tell you the names I've been called! 

And...it's a Full Moon. Everyone is cranky. J.u.s.t like clockwork!

IMG_2440.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Laura 14  Before I retired, I was an area manager with an agency that served the public.  I couldn't tell you how many times I had a customer call and tell me an employee was rude.  When I'd ask in what way he was rude, inevitability the caller would tell me he didn't get what he wanted.  The employee did nothing more than deliver bad news.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 I worked CS for years and there is a special place in paradise for CS workers.

I always am my most polite w/CS since I know what it's like to be on the other end, and to be called terrible and unwarranted names.

I make a point of telling someone that they have done a great job if they have done so.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's just the nature of customer service work, that's the job.  Sure it drives people nuts but as someone once told me...no one ever calls a customer service rep to say  "everything is great, your a wonderful company and I have no problems at all".  The work is 90% negative.  A lot of jobs are.

Actually, I have called customer service at a company before to express gratitude for good service.  

Then you are that one in a million.  But people don't really do that.  When they want to say something nice or hand out praises, they call or email the manager of the department or the corporate offices.  That's what I do when I want to acknowledge that a worker has gone above and beyond for me.  I want the higher-ups and that person's manager to hear it directly from me.  C.S. reps to a great job but they are on the low end of the totem pole and overwhelmed with their own jobs, I'd worry that my call would not be passed along to the appopriate management person.  Telling a c.s. rep that Mary Smith in Purchasing did an amazing job isn't going to do much for Mary.

I must be two in a million--cause I really do that.....

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Laura14

Feel. Your. Pain!

I was in executive customer service for 30 yrs (banking).

Can't tell you the names I've been called! 

And...it's a Full Moon. Everyone is cranky. J.u.s.t like clockwork!

IMG_2440.jpg

@sidsmom     Tell me about it!    I was on the graveyard shift........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi, It was an error which they admitted  and if was it "security" deposit it would of been on the card I used for the reservaton, it was not a "brand" hotel it was not part of a chain

@Desertdi wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Desertdi

@Desertdi wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox    I don't know which "brand" of hotel where you were staying.............but a $500 per night room is  fairly "upgrade".   The double charge could have been a "security deposit" in case of damage.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Desertdi, It was an error which they admitted  and if was it "security" deposit it would of been on the card I used for the reservaton, it was not a "brand" hotel it was not part of a chain

@Desertdi wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Desertdi

@Desertdi wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox    I'm glad the error was straightened out!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

It's like so many things in life....a few stinkers mess things up.  I hope they teach you to let the jerk messages go and try to remember the kind people.  

I think most people are good and kind, but I also know there are major jerks out there that take their bad day out of people like you, grocery store clerks, etc (I have a friend who's a grocery store clerk and has told me some of the terrible things said to her).

But on the other side there are also people working in customer service who aren't nice and I'm sure it's similar.

I TRY to apologize at the end of a rant and say "I apologize for my rudeness, I know it wasn't your fault".  I don't always do it, but I do try.  I guess it helps to see the other side when you know people like I do who (like you) are on the other end.

Take care and I hope you have more good days than bad.