QVC Customer Care

Re: Advantage plans & co pay for in hospital care ...

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Cakers3  Guess what - supplements are not all the same and also vary from place to place. They also vary greatly in price.

As I said before - advantage plans have a max out of pocket amount so if you do have a catastropic event , after you reach your max out of pocket , guess what? it is all covered 100%.

Advantage plans are required by law to cover everything medicare covers. So my routine screening tests like colonoscopys and mammos atre covered 100% too. 

As for doctors - when we started on omedicare  we were new to this area so we chose a doctor from the network. However, our former doctor from when we lived in Pa is also an in network doctor with our ins co. I have actually never spoken to anyone IRL that had any issue finding a doctor that would take medicare. I only hear about that on this board. Since advantage plans are managed care plans it is simple to just chose a doctor from their network. He'd be guaranteed to take your insurance.

You are 100% WRONG.  Medicare supplements are standard.

Also Advantage Plans cover the same items as Traditional Medicare, but they don't pay the same.

You are always negative about Traditional Medicare and Supplemental Plans.  It seems you try to justify Advantage Plans because you can't afford Traditional Medicare and especially Plan F.

I remember the many times you were crying about your Advantage Plan not covering things and getting stuck with bills.  You seem  to forget when it's suits you.

You will be crying again if you or DH have a serious medical program while you're in PA with that HMO.  There are no in network doctors for your Florida HMO in PA.  

@Carmie  This is true and Medicare clearly states that Advantage plans may pay more for some Medicare approved services but may also pay less.

Supplemental plans also do not seem to include Part D-I might be wrong on that but the Plans F and G were the most recommended to us but no Part D.  We stayed with an Advantage plan.

You are also correct about the OP having dual homes.  Her PA home is not in-network at all.  There isn't much coverage outside of your main state residence. 

Decades ago the HMO plan we had was ace-no problems and wonderful coverage.

However, now, at least where I live, PPOs are the way to go.

The whole process takes time to read, ask questions, get answers in writing, and learn exactly what one needs to do whether for a non-sick visit to a hospital stay.

Unless somebody is in my state, then their coverage stats are of no use to me.

It's amazing how different plans are from state to state and in some cases even county to county within a state.

Problems can arise with any insurance plan, too.  Good luck trying to use coverage where none is afforded to her.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Actually, Advantage plan members are more actively engaged in their health and well being from what I see in the hospital. The Advantage plan was designed to offer the best coverage at the best consumer cost as long as the network is utilized.

dee

QVC Customer Care