Respected Contributor

I seem to have lost mine so I need to create another one. Can I find a blank one on-line or is there a site where I can fill it out and print it up?

Honored Contributor

Re: Advanced Directive

[ Edited ]

Try formswift.com. You select your state.  They aren't generic forms.

Respected Contributor

Advance Directives are state specific so you can check with a Council on Aging or whatever state organization you have.  You can also google advance directive for your state and some options should show up.  Some states have separate Living Wills and Health Care Powers of Attorney and some have combined forms with selections addressing both situations.

A big difference can be the signature and witness requirements that vary by state so I would use the one developed by my state.  I know there are some generic ones, but for practical reasons, I would use the one best known by and familiar with my medical providers.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

My husband & I made advance directives from a form we found on line. As you know, advanced directives take time to make up because you want to be very specific. We had witness's sign them & took them to the bank to be notarized. Then I submitted it to my healthcare network & they sent it back saying one of the areas wasn't witnessed, which it was. The person who witnessed it has a funny long squiggly signature, but it really is how he signs his name. They also said there were minor mistakes, so it was rejected. It's so annoying when we worked on it for so long. Advance directives aren't the most cheerful things to do with your day. Next time we're going through an attorney so we know it's done right. It's worth the cost to us to get it right.

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone used Will & Trust? We have a trust, etc but its 15 years old and there are changes and we are considering going this route as we don't need counseling, understand the process and only want state-applicable paperwork.

Trusted Contributor

The Attorney General's site for my state has Advanced Directive forms that can be downloaded and completed. Check and see if your state has them.

Respected Contributor

Legal Zoom has forms