Honored Contributor

DH was required to wear a dress shirt,tie and dress slacks. No jeans. I haven't ironed a dress shirt since he retired.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32

Mellie, if you think the jeans photos on page 4 are appropriate for a teacher to wear .... uh, no.  Slacks that are tailored can be fine IF the outfit is pulled together, but teachers should never wear jeans.   

*shrug* Disagree.

Respected Contributor

Re: Adult dress codes

[ Edited ]

We would be allowed to wear these outfits at school any day of the week and I think they're all appropriate for an elementary teacher:

Image result for dressy jeans outfit

Image result for dressy jeans outfit

Image result for tshirt jeans outfit teacher

Honestly, most teachers at my school dress very casually in jeans or shorts with a t-shirt.  

Image result for tshirt jeans outfit teacher

Honored Contributor

Re: Adult dress codes

[ Edited ]

I was in the working world for over 40 years, 30 of it in an office situation.

My first job back in the early 80's I wore skirts and jackets and dresses,(think Working Woman with Melaine Griffith)  pants were allowed but I didn't like the way I looked in them, this is way before casual Friday.

In one job I worked for a boss who claimed his wife did not like women in slacks so we had a skirt only dress code, of course we all worse our crudiest jeans when then were out and in my last job it was basically a free for all I worked with a tech guy we could wear anything  as long as we could not dress worse than him Smiley Happy

PS when I worked at home I wore PJ's when it was cold Smiley Happy 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32

Mellie, if you think the jeans photos on page 4 are appropriate for a teacher to wear .... uh, no.  Slacks that are tailored can be fine IF the outfit is pulled together, but teachers should never wear jeans.   

@Tinkrbl44 Can you see the future? o.O  How do you know what's going to be posted on page 4 when this thread has barely started page 3?

Signed,

~Still think it's hilarious when people reference a totally arbitrary page number/count as though it means the same thing to everyone.

Respected Contributor

I don't think shorts are appropriate for a teacher to wear. 

I think jeans are okay as long as they're nice jeans - no distressing or holes. 

Sandals are okay, but I don't think flip flops are appropriate.  I'm talking about rubber flip flops. 

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

For young students and in classrooms where the teacher has to be hands-on, even on the floor, jeans are perfectly appropriate...... but I don't feel the same way for older students, high school and up. I think at that age, teachers need to be setting a professional example for the real world -- preparation for job hunting and working. I've seen high school teachers who look like complete slobs in their old jeans and tee shirts.

I have a relative who just retired from teaching.  She tought pre-school special ed.  Obviously she had to be very hands-on, on the floor with them, etc.

She never ever wore jeans to work.   She wore pants all the time but never denim.  She said the way some of the newer, younger teachers come to work dressed is appalling.  Low rise pants that show their rear-end when they bend over, clothes very short and very tight and an overall extremely sloppy appearance.   She said some have shown up in stained t-shirts. 

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I don't think shorts are appropriate for a teacher to wear. 

I think jeans are okay as long as they're nice jeans - no distressing or holes. 

Sandals are okay, but I don't think flip flops are appropriate.  I'm talking about rubber flip flops. 

I cringe when I see my coworkers in shorts and sneakers.  I don't think it makes them less effective at teaching, though.  Just looks bad.

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32

@Tinkrbl44 Can you see the future? o.O  How do you know what's going to be posted on page 4 when this thread has barely started page 3?

Signed,

~Still think it's hilarious when people reference a totally arbitrary page number/count as though it means the same thing to everyone.

It depends on what your settings are.  For me, this is page 11.

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32

Signed,

It depends on what your settings are.  For me, this is page 11.

Yes, exactly Smiley Wink I can't stand having only 10 replies on a page, so that was one of the first things I changed!