Regular Contributor

Re: Adhesive For Cardmaking?

On 3/1/2015 Austins Baba said:
On 2/28/2015 Kati said:

I have an adhesive question as well.

What does everyone use to stick those big lacy intricate die cuts down? Some of them are so cut out and detailed there's nowhere to stick any adhesive. They're too big to run through my small Xyron sticker maker, which would be perfect if it was the right size.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

This may be what you need: Therm O Web Sticky Dots Adhesive Sheets. They come in a pack of 8 sheets 8 1/2 by 11. JoAnn's has them for $7.99 and Walmart for $6.63.

You would use these by laying your piece on the sheet and when you pull it off the adhesive is on your piece like when using the Xyron.

Very interesting. Thanks for this info. I'm going to JoAnn's this week and I'll check them out. My only worry would be tearing the die cut when lifting it off the sheet. But if I was careful, it sounds like it would work just fine.

Valued Contributor

I use my Xyron adhesive tape runner on those die cuts and it holds them really well.
Regular Contributor

On 3/1/2015 mewsmomtoo said: I use my Xyron adhesive tape runner on those die cuts and it holds them really well.

Mews, how do you get a tape runner on corners and edges like this without it showing?

Cuttlebug Flourish Emblem Die By Anna Griffin

Valued Contributor

Hi Kati, on a die this lacy and intricate, I just do short, little rolls wherever I can. It seems to work, but there are probably better ways and if you are not careful, you can tear them which is frustrating. This is where the 9" Xyron would be a good option,but you would still have to be very careful pulling it up. Its great to see some of the other ideas. Edited for spelling.
Regular Contributor

Hi Mews! A 9" Xyron would be perfect, wouldn't it? Just not in the budget at the moment!

I read your post about your mom and dad. It sounds like your plate is full dealing with everything. Best of luck to all of you. I hope you'll be able to spend Craft Day with us!

Valued Contributor

I'm planning on it so far although my bank account would prefer I missed it! :-) Thank goodness I am able to bypass the stationary and bedding she will be offering on March 10 & 11. I love the stationary but definitely don't need any and I actually don't like the bedding except for the Euro sham/curtain pattern.