Respected Contributor

Re: Adele named best singer?

Good for her Well Deserved.
Esteemed Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:
She got just an OK voice, I find her totally boring. Everything she sings sounds the same, when she's on the radio I change the channel. Nope, not a fan.

I agree.  I think she's boring too.  I like all kinds of music, but I really don't like her voice at all.  Some of her songs are okay, but she's way too whiney and her voice really gets on my nerves.  I know that a whole lot of people absolutely love her, but I don't connect with her emotionally at all.

Respected Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@Annabellethecat66----They don't need a singing contest,but it would be fun!!! Like AmericanIdol.  I won't be watching when Aretha is on. Don't like her caterwauling.  Adele, Celine, Enya, CHER, Mahalia, DellaReese,TINA TURNER, DianaRoss, but NOT Aretha.

Somewhere over the Rainbow is a song I have hated , yes, HATED, all my life of hearing it..One night I was watching an episode of PROVIDENCE with Melinia Kanakardis????. There was a song as a song-over like voice-over.  It was the Rainbow being sung sooo beautifully.  Isearched like crazy until I found it was Isreal Kamawa......BRUDDAH IZ singing the song with Wonderful World in the middle.   That was a song I played to my GS when when he was a baby.  When he received a table at the ripe old of 6yrs, he put that in the tablet first thing.---------enough.-----------------ted

I agree 100%.  I never liked it either until I heard his rendition.  It is gorgeous!!!  One of my go to songs on my playlist.

Respected Contributor

i love adele and would love to see her in person.  i enjoy her music and have since i first heard of her. 

Esteemed Contributor

Adele has a great voice........she is definately one of the greater and powerful singers....like Whitney, Barbara, Josh, etc.   Good for her!

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@tedEbear wrote:

@Annabellethecat66----They don't need a singing contest,but it would be fun!!! Like AmericanIdol.  I won't be watching when Aretha is on. Don't like her caterwauling.  Adele, Celine, Enya, CHER, Mahalia, DellaReese,TINA TURNER, DianaRoss, but NOT Aretha.

Somewhere over the Rainbow is a song I have hated , yes, HATED, all my life of hearing it..One night I was watching an episode of PROVIDENCE with Melinia Kanakardis????. There was a song as a song-over like voice-over.  It was the Rainbow being sung sooo beautifully.  Isearched like crazy until I found it was Isreal Kamawa......BRUDDAH IZ singing the song with Wonderful World in the middle.   That was a song I played to my GS when when he was a baby.  When he received a table at the ripe old of 6yrs, he put that in the tablet first thing.---------enough.-----------------ted

I agree 100%.  I never liked it either until I heard his rendition.  It is gorgeous!!!  One of my go to songs on my playlist.

Israel Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole he was an amazing singer and activist for native Hawaiian rights.  He and his music deserve more respect then that one song.  Had the chance to see him perform before he passed.

Respected Contributor

She's got a good singing voice, but I just don't care for her. I tried watching her concert on tv at Christmas time and got fed up with it and changed the channel. Had to wonder what all the hype was over her.
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

There are a few rappers who actually can sing.  I guess it works both ways.  Like can you imagine Adele rapping?  Ha!

there is a video of her and James Corden singingin the car. She raps and does it pretty well!

Honored Contributor

Any award or title is relative to the interests of the group bestowing said award or title.

Respected Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

This has nothin' to do with Adele, but it might be a good time and place to ask this question. Does anyone else think it would be fun to have a forum dedicated to MUSIC?  We seem to have fun whenever someone starts a music-related thread. It's one of my favorite hobbies, and I would love to have the opportunity to chat and share fun memories with the many folks on here. Thoughts?

@sallybusky

I am with you on a music thread!! Who do we need to contact?

Mods?

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield