Esteemed Contributor

Re: Adele gorgeous on tv special

@KCDiva wrote:

I loved the show and I didn't think there was too much interviewing. I have loved Adele since the first time I heard her voice. She is also gorgeous!! I texted my daughter and told her if they see any Adele concerts to let me know. It is on my bucket list. She doesn't tour a lot but there is a rumor she may go to Las Vegas. Her only listed concerts are in the UK and maybe NY. I would break the bank to go see her and I rarely do that.  

She is wonderful.  Simply wonderful!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@TaylorBrown wrote:

This was a great show!!!! Waiting on the release of 30 to get my copy.

Me too.  I have all of her albums!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

Big Adele fan!  Gorgeous lady and voice.  Looking forward to downloading the new music.  I really enjoyed the special and glad she choose Oprah Winfrey to conduct the interview.

Honored Contributor

I did not see the special but I am also a big fan of Adele.

Looking forward to her latest.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick 

"Yodeling" made me laugh Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Adele gets my vote for one of the most over-rated celebrities around. I hate her voice and her songs are annoying. She tries too hard to be "deep." Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

She stated in the interview that she is not as deep as her songs would make you think.

Respected Contributor

I found the show to be just great! I could have done without Oprah, but Adele's cheeky personality was worth the watch! Love her!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Wow, I am surprised at the comments. I guess it depends on your age, music taste etc. To each their own. That was a great concert/interview.

The whole show was exquisite. It is the first time Adele has been on a stage in 6 years, and she also felt she wanted to tell her fans what she has been through for the past 6 years and she felt safe with Oprah.

I actually get that. Oprah is gentle, uses slow ball questions, is very easy to talk to. The set she is using (on her own property) is so quiet and beautiful I would pick her too. No audience, no clapping or people staring at you.

The Griffith Observatory, the way it was set up, the amazing sunset only God could have provided before it got dark, the orchestra, everything about it was stunning, including Adele. She looked gorgeous.

Adele was a mess for a few years. Her marriage to Simon felt wrong to everyone right from go. I am so very happy for her that she stepped out of the limelight for so many years to work on herself, get sober, lose 100 pounds, admit she needed a divorce, learn to love herself. She is a whole new person in both appearance AND her new feelings about loving herself. That is very hard work and most people spend their life running from staring themselves in the face and doing the healing needed.

As far as her music, that is what you get from Adele. All her songs are ballad type, all are based on her own life. Yet, when she sings them, almost everyone can relate to some lyric to their own life. All of her albums are retrospective of her life. Pink's music is similar. Her songs are usually about her husband Carey, and their relationship, yet everyone can relate it to someone or something in their own lives.

I am so happy for her. She is only 33 years old, finally has it together, and I think she has a long career ahead of her because her fan base has stuck by since she was 19 and will only grow.

BIG underground, but not confirmed yet, info is that she is going to pick up the residency in Vegas that Celine Dion had to give up due to health conditions. I was going to see Celine. Adele would be a great replacement. I sure hope she takes it.

She is very talented, and I felt so sad when she said she felt like she would never stand on a stage again. This show was a beautiful return to music. I enjoyed it so much. The world needs lots of music right now.

Interesting fact: She has terrible stage fright. Still does, but she forces herself out there. If you notice, she got more calm and loser as the songs went on.

Just another interesting FYI for those that don't follow Chaz Dean on social media, he lives right at the bottom of the hill that observatory is on. It is where he walks his dogs. It is such an amazing view of Los Angeles. His house has a roof deck that oversees the entire valley. Awesome views. (and no, I am not giving his address away. He is on live IG a lot, chatting, and though we have seen the inside and the yard of his home, he is exceptionally keen on how to keep his exact home address protected from sight).

Honored Contributor

I always thought she was a gorgeous woman!  She has such beautiful eyes, skin, hair, etc!  And her gown was just out of this world!  Her voice is amazing.  I just can't stomach Oprah though.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I loved the James Bond song. You could hear the 007 theme in there a couple of times if you listened closely. Very unusual choice for her I thought. Skyfall.