Super Contributor

Re: Adele gorgeous on tv special

Whoever was responsible for the hair, make-up, and LIGHTING on Adele and Oprah did a fabulous job!!!

Honored Contributor

After reading this thread, I will be interested to see the viewership ratings.

Respected Contributor

I did watch most of it and while I enjoy some of her music, I do not enjoy slow ballads in general. Her voice is fabulous but I found the music kind of morose and the interview unnecessary...but Adele apparently needed to share and unload. It was kind of boring to me.

Honored Contributor

She is a stunner, we did not watch her however. We've already seen so many cuts from this special on the morning news, we didn't need to!!!

Yellowstone was on, as well another new series called "Mayor of Kingstown"  That will be a really rough show, unfortunately another one that's now moving to paramount plus. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've said this before on another thread.  A lot of her songs sound alike.  The new song they used on the endless promo sounds like she's yodeling.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

We rarely listen to *local* radio stations while driving, but stick with Sirius channels of our liking

But this weekend, we had a grandson in the car for hours and he likes to listen to music so we kept it on local (pop?) stations.

I heard enough of Adele to last me through the year.  Every time I looked at the radio display....Adele....

Granted, she has a phenominal voice.  But the repetitiveness of the lyrics (rolling in the deep, rolling in the deep, rolling in the deep, rolling in the deep, rolling in the deep) takes it to the limit...with me.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful in that black dress, hourglass figure.  Love the earrings.

I haven't kept up with Alel's singing/songs,  and looking forward to listening to her beautiul voice and songs.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I came in a half hour late so I missed some of it. Those earrings were a distraction, and the new music that I heard was uninspired, boring. Hated the Oprah interviews, the soul searching and Oprah playing therapist was cringey. 

Honored Contributor

I must be the only person who does not lke listening to her voice... singing or just talking. Her voice sounds like yelling and I do not enjoy her.

Trusted Contributor

This was a great show!!!! Waiting on the release of 30 to get my copy.