Honored Contributor

I was talking to an interesting lady I met at a party yesterday. She teaches at a beauty school. She is a colorist. Another guest at the party is a retired hairdresser and they were discussing the "addiction" to hair dye. One claimed it was purely emotional and the other ,the teacher,said she tells her students that you should try to get your clients addicted to the dyes and that some people absolutely are physically addicted to dye, esp.the salon dyes which she claimed are chemically different than home products. 

I was telling them about what a contentious subject it was whenever brought up here. They were neither at all surprised.We decided that what ever someone is emotionally or physically or both ,if they are strongly attached,they will get vicious at the thought of being without it. That made me immediately think of Wen girls and the LDO clique here.

Respected Contributor

May I ask why hair dye is being singled out for its "addictiveness" ?

Any change in appearance: clothing. shoes, makeup, hair styles etc. are just enhancements that are made because of personal preference.  

Just because someone dyes their hair because they like the look does not qualify it as an addition in my estimation.

Oh no, am I going to hear "the first issue is admitting you have the problem" ?  LOL, I dye my hair, fyi, cause I like it.

Respected Contributor

You have to know how this is going to go, right? 

Respected Contributor

Then there are those addicted to stirring up controversy just for the fun of it.

Woman LOL

I would love to see the science behind this theory.

Science not fueled by cocktails.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor
Pretty sure salon colorists are not qualified to classify something as an addiction.

C- for trolling.
Honored Contributor

Yes I get my hair dyed but it is not an addiction.I hate the whole time consuming process but I would have a huge grey stripe if I didn't .

Respected Contributor
This won't go well. People can and will always dye her hair. If you're against it, that's your right. I don't think we need to get into calling people addicted, do we?
Respected Contributor
Hair coloring anonymous - lol.
Esteemed Contributor

The only thing I am addicted to is looking good, lol!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

my stripe is getting rather large, lol. I am blond, thank goodness it blends.

Been avoiding the hairdresser since Feb 1 to give my hair a break and get the timing right for a trip I am taking.  

I hate going to the hairdressers, the one shampoo woman takes FOREVER to shampoo and it annoys me.  

Big problems I have, lol.