Respected Contributor

Re: Actress Cicely Tyson Passed

She was a knock out!  I remember her, yes, I do.  I didn't at first but I recognized her name but yes, I've seen her on TV.   Truly a knock out!   Yes, it's sad, her passing.  RIP dear lady. XXOO

Honored Contributor

A trailblazing fabulous woman, may she rest in peace.🙏

She was born with a heart issue and it wasn't believed at the time that she would have a long life.

"You call him Mr. Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

She was such a phenomenal actress, its hard to know where to start! Loved her! RIP Cicely!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

She did an interview with Kelly & Ryan just this week and they are airing it today.  They pre-record their episodes now.  Kelly did a pre-show announcement where she said Cicely passed 3 days after their interview.

Esteemed Contributor

Her parents and my parents were born on sister Islands in the West Indies. She's visited many times and even took Rev Jessie Jackson for a visit. I missed seeing her once when she visited there for Independence Celebrations.  In an interview she gave while visiting she said she was so proud of her Nevisian roots.

She will be greatly missed.

Honored Contributor

I just read on People.com that she had a daughter that she refers to as "Joan" in her book. She gave birth to her at the age of 18 while married to her first husband.

My first time seeing her on screen was on television as a guest star on "The Courtship of Eddie's Father".when I was a kid. I've loved her ever since.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

She just had a way of making you feel what she was feeling in a movie. A talented actress.  I especially liked her in Sounder. I have seen that movie 3 times and never seem to tire of it.  She will be missed.

Respected Contributor

I was so fortunate to see Cicely Tyson in "The Trip To Bountiful" on Broadway in 2013.  Vanessa Williams was also in the cast.  A extremely talented actress and beautiful lady.  May she RIP.

Esteemed Contributor

Talented, Beautiful and such an Icon and well respected in the industry.  I just saw her interview with Gayle King like a couple of days before she passed I think.

She lived a long fulfilling life.

RIP.

Honored Contributor

We just watched "Sounder" a few days ago. She was a great actress and I was captured by how you could feel the pain and strength she portrayed in "Sounder". RIP