Respected Contributor

Re: Actor, Comedian and Writer, Charlie Murphy Died

Everytime I watch Pancakes with Prince I laugh until the tears flow. May he RIP.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Say Nay OMG I just watched the entire pancake skit...only had seen bits before.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

I usually don't really get super affected when I hear of deaths of celebs I don't know. Of course, I feel sadness and empathy for their friends and family. I really felt super sad though when I heard about Charlie yesterday.

What a funny guy and wonderful story teller. Those Charlie Murphy true Hollywood stories on the Chappelle Show were by all accounts completely accurate. Micki Free (from Shalamar) states that the story about Prince was not a lie or exaggerated. Years later I watch that and laugh so hard. I have seen Charlie several times at different comedy clubs and IMO he is much funnier than his brother Eddie. He was no doubt a great story teller and had such a knack for that. 

I had no idea he was even sick and apparently neither did even some of his close friends. 

So sad for his children who lost their mother several years back too. 

He will truly be missed. RIP Charlie.

Here is Charlie telling the Prince story on the Chappelle Show.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj/chappelle-s-show-charlie-murphy-s-true-hollywood-stories---prin...

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Prince also used a picture of Dave Chappelle dressed as Prince in the skit for his show as the album cover for his single "Breakfast Can Wait". 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I usually don't really get super affected when I hear of deaths of celebs I don't know. Of course, I feel sadness and empathy for their friends and family. I really felt super sad though when I heard about Charlie yesterday.

What a funny guy and wonderful story teller. Those Charlie Murphy true Hollywood stories on the Chappelle Show were by all accounts completely accurate. Micki Free (from Shalamar) states that the story about Prince was not a lie or exaggerated. Years later I watch that and laugh so hard. I have seen Charlie several times at different comedy clubs and IMO he is much funnier than his brother Eddie. He was no doubt a great story teller and had such a knack for that. 

I had no idea he was even sick and apparently neither did even some of his close friends. 

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj/chappelle-s-show-charlie-murphy-s-true-hollywood-stories---prin...

@Irshgrl31201 I agree with everything you said.  As much as I enjoy Eddie I always thought that Charlie had more raw, natural, nuanced talent and how sad for his kids to lose both of their parents like that . . . Smiley Sad

Hey, is that your picture in your avatar?  If so, how cute are you and who's that with you?

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 I agree with everything you said.  As much as I enjoy Eddie I always thought that Charlie had more raw, natural, nuanced talent and how sad for his kids to lose both of their parents like that . . . Smiley Sad

Hey, is that your picture in your avatar?  If so, how cute are you and who's that with you?

I do love Eddie too! Don't mean to put him down one bit, there is just something about Charlie. You are so right with the 3 words you used to describe him, raw, natural and nuanced. Perfect description! I just really enjoy him so much. It is so sad that their children lost both of them. From all of the stories I have heard he really was very much in love with his wife and was a great husband and father. Smiley Sad

Oh yes @momtochloe I had forgotten I had that picture up. On the left that is one of my very good friends and the day I put that up, she had just died after a long battle with cancer. Her name was Karen (Karebear was her nickname). I had flown up to Buffalo to go to a Bills game that day and that was one of the last times we were able to go out and do something. About 3 months later she was diagnosed. I am not a big drinker but that day, we got a little tore up!! lol! That whole weekend was a great memory. One of many.

I met her the very first day of 7th grade. I had just moved from a small town in NC to a suburb of Buffalo. I was pretty scared. She came right up to me and then introduced me to all of her friends. That same day she invited me for a sleepover at her house that weekend. We had been very close ever since. I miss her very much, she was truly a wonderful person and her nickname Karebear fit her perfectly. I am the one drunk waving!! 

Good to see you! Hope you are doing well!! HeartSmiley HappySmiley Happy

JFK
Honored Contributor

One of my sisters and I were talking about him this afternoon, we both agreed that he was more talented than Eddie. He was truly a naturally born comedian.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 this is why I love you so . . . I was teary eyed over your beautiful story of your wonderful friend (I am so sorry for your loss as she sounds like she was a true treasure) and then you go and make me snort my beverage with the "I am the drunk one waving" comment . . . Heart

I am doing well and moved about two weeks ago . . . in spite of my dismal efforts everything went very well and I am happily ensconced in my new place thank God.

It's always good to see you my friend, take care and if you celebrate have a lovely Easter holiday . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 this is why I love you so . . . I was teary eyed over your beautiful story of your wonderful friend (I am so sorry for your loss as she sounds like she was a true treasure) and then you go and make me snort my beverage with the "I am the drunk one waving" comment . . . Heart

I am doing well and moved about two weeks ago . . . in spite of my dismal efforts everything went very well and I am happily ensconced in my new place thank God.

It's always good to see you my friend, take care and if you celebrate have a lovely Easter holiday . . . Heart

How do you like your new house @momtochloe? I know you have been anticipating this for quite a while.  I hope you love it and make great memories there! 

You take care as well, it is always good to see you too. You are one of my very favorite posters here. Have a great Easter too. Love ya!!

JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

How do you like your new house @momtochloe? I know you have been anticipating this for quite a while.  I hope you love it and make great memories there! 

You take care as well, it is always good to see you too. You are one of my very favorite posters here. Have a great Easter too. Love ya!!

Tee hee @Irshgrl31201 this place suits me just fine . . . now one of my neighbors immediately informed me this place "was a dump" . . . hey, ouch I just got here dude . . . oh goodness I knew it wasn't Shangri La but I think dump is a bit harsh . . . Smiley Happy