Trusted Contributor

This was on last night, late night. I'd never seen it nor even heard about it. I wasn't going to watch it, but I was hooked after the first few minutes.

Has anyone seen it? It's from 2007 and uses Beatles music as the basis for what they call "an American musical romantic drama" or "rock musical."

I didn't know any of the actors! And according to wikipedia, the movie was nominated for both a Golden Globe and an Oscar!

I thought the music was really good...none of it was the Beatles actually singing...just a lot of their songs done quite well. Some of the character's names are from Beatles songs: Jude, Lucy, JoJo, Prudence, Max(well), Sadie, Dr. Robert, Bungalow Bill. And there are cameos by Bono, Joe Cocker and Salma Hayek.

It was weird, interesting and mostly enjoyable to me. I'm now looking into the soundtrack!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Across The Universe - movie

I loved this movie so much I saw it three times in the theater--then bought the soundtrack and the DVD. It is a real winner!

Trusted Contributor

insomniac...good to know you enjoyed this movie as much as I did. I don't know why I never even heard of it before!!

I did buy the soundtrack on iTunes yesterday and have been loving it more and more.

All the singers were so talented and really brought some good songs back to life in a huge way. Thanks for your comment!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I saw it in the theatre. Love it!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles