Honored Contributor

Re: According to Jill, "MANY" of us have Summer homes...

My summer home is a tent.

Respected Contributor

Don't think Jill's comment was rude at all. In fact I agree with her on people having second homes for vacations. I don't but from the time I was a child all our friends went on vacations to their summer camp sites, cottages on the lake, small summer homes by amusement parks. As a older, older adult many of my friends are doing the same thing they have second homes all over the different states, travel trailers, condo's etc. I still don't have any of these places. Guess it means my earnings did not do as well as theirs did. I vacation right here on my deck all summer. Only own one car also, but this year round home is fully paid for and has been for years. Also don't envy any of my friends who have these other homes happy just were I am at.

Honored Contributor

Come on down to Arizona where you'll see every other car has WA, MT, IL, MN, WI or Canadian plates. Winter homes range from a fifth-wheel, park model, condo or monstrous home.

Super Contributor

On 3/5/2015 SoftRaindrops said: I like Jill but at times, in order to make a sale, she can come across as being pretentious.

She's not the only one; many of them come across like that. Even with Carolyn Gracie's "I own everything in every color" bit, she comes across as very down-to-earth. The others... not so much.

Honored Contributor

Don't all snowbirds have summer homes up North?
Respected Contributor

I can't believe that people actually take some of the hosts comments personally; I don't have time to dwell on this nonsense.

Super Contributor

I don't think Jill is out of touch at all. Some people here have a poverty mentality or a depression era way of thinking and assume that everyone else lives the way they do. Get out more and mingle with people not from your immediate neighborhood.

Super Contributor

She might at times say something that's a bit over the top, we all do at times, but I honestly don't think Jill ever means to offend anybody. I don't think there's a single host that hasn't offended somebody in all the time they've been at the Q.

Trusted Contributor

I live in Florida. Many of my neighbors spend their winters here and return to their northern homes after Easter.
Respected Contributor

Wasn't there a survey which showed the QVC shoppers are overwhelmingly well-off older people with lots of disposable income? That's her target audience.