Honored Contributor

Re: Abusing Cows at ORGANIC Dairy Farm

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I'll decide for myself what to eat and drink, even though you would hate what I consume.

I love to eat fish, eggs, steak, and milk.

Told ya you would hate what I eat.

But it is MY choice, just like it is your choice to eat only plants.

That's what makes America so great, yes?

We all have choices.

There is nothing that you can say that will ever convince me to stop eating what I do.

NOTHING.

Because your rhetoric comes from a place of anger for those who choose of their own free will to eat differently than you do.

And that will not win people over to your "side".

You live your life the way that you want, and let others do the same.

Much love to you too.

Calm down.

Valued Contributor

This is one of the most tiresome arguments that continues on and on. Vegan vs the evil people who eat animals and use them for their byproducts,

Let's just think about that for a second. No more farms to raise cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, nothing, No need for those animals since they won't be sold for food and therefore  the byproducts won't be used for making shoes or purses or belts. Farmers and ranchers can go out of business, end of story, and since there won't be any need for those animals, certainly you can't have them breeding and just becoming pets on all this land.

And how about those farmers in Mongolia who raise yaks for meat, fur for their clothing and the organs for bowls and other useful things, Maybe they can plant soy in -50 degree weather and make boots out of the leaves.  

As most normal caring people are, the welfare of any animal is of utmost importance, Do we know if they are all treated humanely? We don't. In some parts of the world they skin sheep alive you people can wear their Uggs, I don't because I know that millions of sheep are not raised for meat and then skinned for the shearling. 

However, advocating that all humans should be totally animal free, including babies who are not allowed to drink animal milk even if their human mothers can';t produce any.

I'm not sure if any of these animals were put on earth for us to use like we do, but they are here now. I like having them around, I like visiting my local farms and seeing them milk their cows, If you don't, that's your preference. But FTLOG please stop demonizing those of us who do, 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

cakers, not to be mean,  but most vegans and i included read all ingredients listed in items and look up what the ingredients are (if they are animal products). I agree it is very hard to avoid animal ingredients, and hard to pass up some shoes. It will take a very long time for changes to happen, because we are so used to using animals for things. It amazes me some of the stuff that is put in our food, that is really not needed.  I do what i can live with in my heart, and what i beleive. 

@dogsx3   Go back and read what I said.  I clearly said that the ingredients may be vegan but the containers may be made from animal by-products.

Items, not just food, may be labeled "vegan"and that is fine.  Yet the CONTAINER may be made with animal by-products.

You are not getting what I was saying.

How can somebody say how much they love animals but cannot pass by a pair of shoes????

Either one is 100% pro-animal or not.

Yes i read it, i also said vegans read all ingredients and any info on package. I understand about the containers also. I do pass on most shoes,  i never wear leather, and still try as best as i can. I am happy with most of my choices, but i do slip at times on " items". But mostly i am proud that i do not eat any animal ingredients or meat. Yes, i am pro animal and honest about not being as perfect as i could be. 

Valued Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Even milk cows that are raised humanly have harsh lives.  The worst thing anyone does to them is sometimes well meaning.  Separating the calves from the mothers.  they are taken from the mothers very young to be sold.  The mother cows grieve.  We get upset when Orcas mothers and calves get separated.  Milk Cows feel the same way.  They are usually separated from the mothers in the first 24 hours of birth. 

Again, you people are so misinformed. You want to talk cruelty?  Try NOT milking that cow. Milking the cows is not cruelty.  And again, what do you propose we do with all of them--let them graze in your yards & leave their waste there and in the streets?  Will send them over to you now & you can take care of them!  

Maybe....NOT forcing pregnancy upon them so they have

to produce milk? Not pregnant; no milk. 

And yes, many animal sanctuaries, (like the one Jon Stewart, 

who recently helped pass the 9/11 first responders bill),

operates a sanctuary in NJ which provideslife long care to

abused factory farm animals.  I’m sure he would love to care for

the ones he can...he already does💛

Good man; Good heart

D4D309C8-C277-4E10-AD5A-56EB0575FF2B.jpeg

Jon Stewart may have a sanctuary, the average person doesn't have his money to buy land and take care of unwanted animals, but I can bet my last dollar that he eats a big steak at Morton's when he;s out dining and I bet he has a leather wallet, and leather seats in an expensive car and expensive leather loafers and on and on. 

Not saying he is an uncaring man, but I bet he has many things in his lifestyle that were compliments of some animal somewhere. We all do. There is no getting around it. 

Respected Contributor

@PinkSunset   I can't swear to the accuracy of this information, but it's been mentioned in the press that Jon Stewart and his wife are vegetarians.

I'm more interested in the fact that he took on the fight to protect the 911 first responders.  Good man all around.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

I wouldn't DREAM of getting into an argument with you about the environment.  Why you think I would even consider that is odd.

I hold no love for anyone who chastises people every chance they get for what they eat, blaming them for their illnesses, and then inferring that they are doing it out of some sort of "tough love". So please don't lay all that at my doorstep when I all I did was say that most vegans are doing the best they can and shouldn't be attacked for having a pair of leather shoes in their closet.

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset

I think it would be good for vegans to stop demonizing meat eaters and would also be good for meat eaters to stop demonizing vegans.

What I hope EVERYONE could agree on is that industrial farming is a deplorable and immoral practice which should be stopped.

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@PinkSunset

I think it would be good for vegans to stop demonizing meat eaters and would also be good for meat eaters to stop demonizing vegans.

What I hope EVERYONE could agree on is that industrial farming is a deplorable and immoral practice which should be stopped.

I live with a meat eater....he is one year younger than me and just had to have a triple bypass. I have never tried to change his eating, he knows where i stand. I am also not saying meat was the main  cause there are many variables The sad thing is he is back to eating a lot of meat, he thinks hes good for another 60 years....

Valued Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@PinkSunset

I agree, but I personally don;t know anyone that demonizes vegans fo their lifestyle, I work with 2 of them and we all get along fine. Except when we have company potlucks there is virtually nothing on the table they eat and a plate of black beans does not go over with the crowd,  LOL

Valued Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@PinkSunset   I can't swear to the accuracy of this information, but it's been mentioned in the press that Jon Stewart and his wife are vegetarians.

I'm more interested in the fact that he took on the fight to protect the 911 first responders.  Good man all around.

vegetarians are not vegans, They don't ascribe to a life with no animal byproducts. They even eat fish. they just don't eat meat.