Honored Contributor

Re: Abusing Cows at ORGANIC Dairy Farm

@PinkSunset wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@PinkSunset

I think it would be good for vegans to stop demonizing meat eaters and would also be good for meat eaters to stop demonizing vegans.

What I hope EVERYONE could agree on is that industrial farming is a deplorable and immoral practice which should be stopped.

I agree, but I personally don;t know anyone that demonizes vegans fo their lifestyle, I work with 2 of them and we all get along fine. Except when we have company potlucks there is virtually nothing on the table they eat and a plate of black beans does not go over with the crowd,  LOL

You mean to tell me that the vegans bring nothing but a can of black beans to slop on their plate?  Shoot, I have THE BEST black bean hummus recipe.  Delish!

Believe me, I wouldn't starve at potlucks.  Plenty of tasty plant based foods for me to eat.   1st Class flying is a waste on me.  I eat better than them!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PinkSunset Vegetarians don't eat meat.  If they did, they would be pescatarians--not vegetarians.

Valued Contributor

pescatarians are vegetarians that eat fish

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@PinkSunset Vegetarians don't eat meat.  If they did, they would be pescatarians--not vegetarians.

huh? I know what aa vegetarian is, and a pescatarian, and a vegan. Vegans eat nothing that comes from anything with a face, nothing, like honey because the bees make honey. 

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@PinkSunset

I think it would be good for vegans to stop demonizing meat eaters and would also be good for meat eaters to stop demonizing vegans.

What I hope EVERYONE could agree on is that industrial farming is a deplorable and immoral practice which should be stopped.

I agree, but I personally don;t know anyone that demonizes vegans fo their lifestyle, I work with 2 of them and we all get along fine. Except when we have company potlucks there is virtually nothing on the table they eat and a plate of black beans does not go over with the crowd,  LOL

You mean to tell me that the vegans bring nothing but a can of black beans to slop on their plate?  Shoot, I have THE BEST black bean hummus recipe.  Delish!

Believe me, I wouldn't starve at potlucks.  Plenty of tasty plant based foods for me to eat.   1st Class flying is a waste on me.  I eat better than them!

when I go out to dinner with 2 of my friends, one is a vegetarian and the other a vegan. I defer to their choices when  we share appetizers. I can always eat what they choose but they won';t eat if I choose anything with meat, cheese or things like that. 

Hummus may be great but that's not a meal for most people. And no, they don't being a can of black beans. They may make a black bean relish or something like that with corn and tomatoes, 

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@PinkSunset   I can't swear to the accuracy of this information, but it's been mentioned in the press that Jon Stewart and his wife are vegetarians.

I'm more interested in the fact that he took on the fight to protect the 911 first responders.  Good man all around.

vegetarians are not vegans, They don't ascribe to a life with no animal byproducts. They even eat fish. they just don't eat meat. 

@PinkSunset  I meant to copy this post when I replied.

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

and this is what I responded to, Your reply made no sense to me. In any case this thread has gone off the rails and has nothing to do with abuse of animals at this particular farm so with that I say good night, 

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm  Would you care to share your black bean hummus recipe? 😀

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is discussing a previously deleted post.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All organic is NOT equal!

Know your dairy, if you can.

I live in an area with a lot of dairy farms, which are all small, family owned operations. 

We get our milk from them directly, or through the local Food Co Op that sells their products.

In order to sell at our Co Op, they have to prove ethical practices. 

So, if you have a Community Food Co Op where you live, that would be the safest place to buy your dairy products (or any food), if this type of thing concerns you.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero