Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have only returned 1 thing to Ebay....and I don't remember but do I have to use the pre printed label that was generated or can I mail back on my own? 

I think if I return on my own the shipping cost will be less than using the label, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I would use the pre paid label.This way the package is insured & can be tracked by Ebay.It would give you piece of mind.If you mail it back on your own & it gets lost it would be more of a hassle for you.The return would also be processed quicker. JMO

Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have only returned 1 thing to Ebay....and I don't remember but do I have to use the pre printed label that was generated or can I mail back on my own? 

I think if I return on my own the shipping cost will be less than using the label, thanks!

Does the seller allow returns? I think there is a process you have to go through. Have you contacted the seller? I think there is something you have to post with ebay to return, if the seller takes returns, I thought they had to pay if the item is not as represented. I've never done this so I really don't know, but if you pay to return, you may never get your money back. I believe there is a place on ebay's sight that explains this. 

Maybe there is someone on here who knows all about this. I know just enough to be dangerous. Smiley Happy

tea

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2DogsYou are not returning to eBay, you are returning to an eBay seller.  I'm assuming you started a claim in order to get the label.  It's best if you use the provided label because it is connected to your claim.  With the coding on the label, eBay is notified when you ship and they receive the tracking info.  They can then complete your claim.  I think if you essentially circumvent this process you would lose any protection eBay provides its buyers. You, as the buyer, don't have to be concerned about the return shipping cost.  That's part of the seller's cost of doing business.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, returns were accepted....it was a clothing item and did not fit, sigh.

I did notify the seller they were coming back, so no problems there.

I am sure it woud be less expensive not to use the label but I will take your (s) advice and use the provided label.

thank you