Honored Contributor

Re: Ableyshandmadegifts Items From England on Etsy

@sunshine45 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm a big Etsy shopper and Abley's is one of my favorite shops!

Her tote bags are really well done.  I've ordered many- for myself and for gifts.

After reading the comments here, I went and looked at her items and did notice that a few of them show they won't ship here.  I'm surprised by that.  Everything I've ordered from her has shipped here.  If you're interested in something, you might message her and ask.

Another great shop, much smaller selection right now (hopefully she's going to restock) is raspberrypebbleshop2.  She is in Australia.  She also has great bags and they get here, from Australia, very quickly.

@Pearlee @dulwich 

@gidgetgh  thanks!

i wasnt even going to look because i was afraid that i would love something and then be upset because i could not actually order it. will take a look now. Smiley Wink

i can put in my zip code on the item page and it tells me how much they charge to ship to me. no need to even contact the seller.

@sunshine45 - if you need opinions on any of the bags specifically, feel free to ask me.  I have literally bought a bunch of them, lots, over the past year or so.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Maybe the seller's listing should read "For any questions contact seller or @gidgetgh."
LOL!
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@gidgetghMaybe the seller's listing should read "For any questions contact seller or @gidgetgh."
LOL!

LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Just wanted to let anyone interested know. I just placed an order for two bags and got the "doesn't ship to the U.S." message on one of them. I messaged the seller and she wrote right back and said it was a sorting glitch and she fixed it and the order went right through. 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich be sure to see gidgetgh's post above mine if you are seriously interested in the hedgehog little tote. 🙂
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh since you bumped this thread up, I'll mention that bagsbyapril on Etsy has great totes ,(midsize. They are very sturdy and have structure and April uses wonderful fabrics. I received two today and therefore probably have 10 of her totes. They are addictive! The seller is very nice and is in the USA.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@gidgetghsince you bumped this thread up, I'll mention that bagsbyapril on Etsy has great totes ,(midsize. They are very sturdy and have structure and April uses wonderful fabrics. I received two today and therefore probably have 10 of her totes. They are addictive! The seller is very nice and is in the USA.

@Pearlee I know this will not shock you, LOL, but I have 3 of her bags!  The giraffe and 2 Christmas bags.  I also gave one to my sister for her birthday last year. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@gidgetghsince you bumped this thread up, I'll mention that bagsbyapril on Etsy has great totes ,(midsize. They are very sturdy and have structure and April uses wonderful fabrics. I received two today and therefore probably have 10 of her totes. They are addictive! The seller is very nice and is in the USA.

@Pearlee I know this will not shock you, LOL, but I have 3 of her bags!  The giraffe and 2 Christmas bags.  I also gave one to my sister for her birthday last year. 

@gidgetgh   Too funny!  Aren't they great quality?  And I like that they stand up (due to the canvas) rather than flopping over.  I wish she'd make a larger sized one too, but the medium size has served me well.  She does exellent work and has a great eye for putting fabrics together.  I don't remember a giraffe one.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh   Too funny!  Aren't they great quality?  And I like that they stand up (due to the canvas) rather than flopping over.  I wish she'd make a larger sized one too, but the medium size has served me well.  She does exellent work and has a great eye for putting fabrics together.  I don't remember a giraffe one.

@Pearlee -yeah, her bags don't "puddle". She has a giraffe bag on her page now. That's the one I have. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh....I'll go look. It'll probably look familiar once I see it because I look at her bags all the time, which is how I received two more today.   (the black lab one and nevermore)

@gidgetgh