Honored Contributor

Ableyshandmadegifts Items From England on Etsy

[ Edited ]

@dulwich   Please look at this shop on Etsy - Ableyshandmadegifts

Whenever I look on Etsy I get into serious trouble.  I like this lady's totes - not enough to buy because they are a bit too floppy for me - but I love the fabrics she uses, esp. a woodland one with tree that is very unusual and I love the sea gulls too.  Anyway...I'm pointing this site out to you because of the Union Jack tote. I think it's adorable!  And her prices are reasonable.

Pearley, the Anglophile and Etsy Shopper 

Respected Contributor

Re: Ableyshandmadegifts Items From England on Etsy

@Pearlee   Just checked this site out.  Loved it thank you for heads up.

They are beautiful.  Most of them too large for me but I did like the small hedgehog tote - as we have hedgehogs in our garden at home that we feed with saucers of milk - and guess what this one  ‘does not ship to U.S.A’.

Enjoyed looking and will keep in mind as the smaller totes would work well for me.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  @Pearlee 

No???

Hedgehogs drink milk 🥛?  Had no idea.

You could have the very very cute guy shipped to a family member.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe   They hibernate come Winter but we get them in our garden in U.K. and when it is getting colder we put out bread and milk and they lap it up!  They are delightful little creatures!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Drythe   They hibernate come Winter but we get them in our garden in U.K. and when it is getting colder we put out bread and milk and they lap it up!  They are delightful little creatures!

@dulwich 

Thank you for the information.  I love the way they roll up into a ball.  

Sometimes, it seems a perfectly reasonable solution.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I saw lots of cute things on that site @Pearlee Thanks for sharing with us.  😊

I've never ordered anything from Etsy, but I do like to look. I saw some cute placemats with a rooster print at Ableys, but it says these don't ship to U.S.  I also like the little dachshund tote which is available to ship to my area, so I might order it. I think the cost to ship it to me is cheaper than what QVC would probably charge for a comparable item, and this tote would be coming from the U.K. 🤣

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan. I ordered one thing from England from Etsy and not only was the shipping charge super reasonable, it arrived --from England!- faster than my QVC orders arrive. True story!
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@wildcat fan. I ordered one thing from England from Etsy and not only was the shipping charge super reasonable, it arrived --from England!- faster than my QVC orders arrive. True story!

That is funny. . .but not surprising 🤣

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dulwich. Drythe had a good idea about having it shipped to a family member in England who can either send it to you (your daughter owes you for those black cherry leggings you left there!) Or you can pick it up when you next go home.

Aren't you afraid putting out milk and bread for hedgehogs will also attract rats or mice?
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   We have outside stable cats who live in the barn or stables that take care of mice, etc., also indoor/outdoor cats.  They do not attack the prickly hedgehogs though and our dogs are scared of the barn cats so it all works!