Esteemed Contributor

Re: Abandoned in a Hurricane/Disturbing but not to be ignored

@pugvette74 wrote:

I feel sick to my stomach... I am going to pray now, on my knees, for all the animals that are alone and going through this monster hurricane.

@pugvette74. Bless your heart.  I feel the same way and will join you In praying  that the animals so ehow make it to safety by either kind people, volunteers or law enforcement. How can people be so horrible and I humane is so ething I cannot and never will understand .  I love our fur babies they are our family we could t leave them behind just as we wouldn't leave any other family number behind ..... No difference !  We would do whatever it took .  Tying a pet up like that,  if you don't care about them then at least set them free so they can hopefully find a safe place , tying them up is a death sentence .  This makes me sick,  I wish I didn't open this post.  

Esteemed Contributor

I sure hope the dog wS rescued and not just freed.  I am really hoping the wonderful person that freed him took him to safety .  It seems to me if she took the time to untie him she myst be an animal lover and would have made sure he was safe.    I am hoping maybe so do e finds that out and will post it for us.   I feel the people that did this should be tied up to a pole and they can drown.  No way would we leave our cats anywhere.  We hate to go away one night and leave them,  even with family coming over feeding g them and spending g time with them.  We feel they wonder where we are and are upset. People may feel we are over the top but to us they are our children , we treat them that way , they are our heart and soul.  People that don't lime animals hsve no place in my life,  it just tells me about tnem as a person.   Praying for all the pets through this disaster that God will keep them in his hands.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore It's good you opened the post to pray with me and like many others here are praying as well. They need our prayers. I've seen amazing pictures of people carrying their furry children through the rising waters. 

Just keep praying that this one picture, is the only one like that and all the animals will be cared for. Heart

Honored Contributor

@OfCourse

The latest update I could find on this dog just says that the lady who took the picture, unchained him and "took him to safety".

The police say the owners will be prosecuted, as it's against the law in Texas to leave an animal chained outside in inclement weather.

The owners deserve a worse punishment in my mind, but at least they'll be prosecuted.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Kitty Galore It's good you opened the post to pray with me and like many others here are praying as well. They need our prayers. I've seen amazing pictures of people carrying their furry children through the rising waters. 

Just keep praying that this one picture, is the only one like that and all the animals will be cared for. Heart

@pugvette74  there is power in prayer, especially in numbers.  I will be continuing to pray  that  each and every pet is safe .  We should let this photo of this  sweetheart  be the  poster dog for all the other animals in harms way  in Texas.  Cat Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@OfCourse

The latest update I could find on this dog just says that the lady who took the picture, unchained him and "took him to safety".

The police say the owners will be prosecuted, as it's against the law in Texas to leave an animal chained outside in inclement weather.

The owners deserve a worse punishment in my mind, but at least they'll be prosecuted.

@KingstonsMom thank you  for the update.  Sure is wonderful to know there are  still  people who have a heart .  Bless that women.

Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

The scum of the earth.  Why chain up their animals???? So when they come back they can claim the lifeless bodies??

If u r gonna be that stupid, wouldn't it be better to just leave their dog behind without being chained?  My guess is that the animals' instincts would kick in and they'd probably make it to safety on their own.  Probably wouldn't be there if family returned but my guess is  they'd probably still be alive!

Valued Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@pugvette74  there is power in prayer, especially in numbers.  I will be continuing to pray  that  each and every pet is safe .  We should let this photo of this  sweetheart  be the  poster dog for all the other animals in harms way  in Texas.  Cat Sad

@Kitty Galore YES!!! You are right. The power and in numbers. Let's keep praying together with all the kind people here. Heart

Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Check out the Daily Mail right now.  I just read their story that the picture was taken by one of their photographers who's based in New York City.  The dog is now in a shelter with other animals and the photographer would like to adopt the dog.  The story says he has to go through certain channels before that can happen.  I hope that kind person who rescued the dog can adopt it because the owners who would leave him tied up while flooding was on the way should not have a pet.