Honored Contributor

Re: Abandoned in a Hurricane/Disturbing but not to be ignored

I have no use for people who treat their animals like this.  You gotta wonder how they treat their kids?  More sad than that is they are teaching their kids that it is ok to treat a helpless animal as though they have no feelings and feel no pain.  They are God's creature's, too.  What sick people.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If the people can evacuate their homes, they can take any animals with them. As far as I'm concerned, any place that won't take my kitties won't take me, either. I'd rather sleep in my car than not take my cats.

It's really disgusting what some would do.

Honored Contributor

People are just disgusting. Really.

I've seen so much and I've rescued what I can off the street. My husband desparately tried to catch a little black kitten last week near the freeway but the grass was so tall he lost sight of him and then he disappeared and couldn't figure out where he went. He even went back and looked again the next two days to see if he could spot him and catch him. He did say there was a house very close and the kitten looked healthy and cared for so we think he probably lives there. So frustrating though, at least my husband managed to chase him off the freeway before he got squished. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Looks to me like some people need to be traumatized and maybe they will develope more empathy towards animals and humans.That photo both saddens and angers me.

Esteemed Contributor

Third post on this, but I don't understand, this is so upsetting. 

Last night, we were watching the news, about the evacuations, I looked at my dh and said, well we would have a full load. 4 dogs 2 cats and I would probably want to rescue my neighbors two dogs that stay up here as well.

I couldn't leave any of mine. I worry about mine when I am gone for the day and they are in my house.

I think "love" means different things to different people. Some people don't really know the meaning, tho they think they do.

Honored Contributor

People that treat animals that way are heartless.  Hopefully, there will  lives will not run smoothly because of their actions.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Third post on this, but I don't understand, this is so upsetting. 

Last night, we were watching the news, about the evacuations, I looked at my dh and said, well we would have a full load. 4 dogs 2 cats and I would probably want to rescue my neighbors two dogs that stay up here as well.

I couldn't leave any of mine. I worry about mine when I am gone for the day and they are in my house.

I think "love" means different things to different people. Some people don't really know the meaning, tho they think they do.

I have 7 cats and 2 dogs. Of course I'd never leave them, but oh my gosh evacuating would not be fun. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

This was very very upsetting, people are so cruel. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

People did this during Katrina too because they were not allowed to bring their pets to the shelter.   Those rules changed.   People can now bring pets with them.

There is no excuse for this.  It's not like he's huge and unmanagable.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree with those who say they "have no words".  I have the words to describe how I feel about anyone who would do this to a helpless animal, but I wouldn't be allowed to write them.

No excuse.  Period.  

I worked with someone who died trying to rescue her cats from her burning home.  She and her husband had gotten out, but she went back in.  People can think I'm crazy, but I'd do the same.  I couldn't live with myself, if I didn't try, and that's how she felt.

And, quite frankly, I'd rather live in a tent, than live anywhere that I couldn't take my cats.  Leave my cats?  They're my heart and soul.

Anger doesn't begin to sum up how I feel about a person who would leave an animal for certain death.  I hope the law prosecutes them to the fullest extent (the lawman said they can find out whose animals these are).  And even then, they'd be getting off easier than if I dealt with them.  Smiley Mad